I support Fairphone because

Right that should be the message and I wasn’t sure how to say it best :wink:

I’ll update here in 2 weeks the most common mentioned points from my survey(see other topic)! Totally fits :slight_smile: I like the idea a lot!

4 Likes

Not sure if “Materials from known sources” is 100% correct, it depends on how you read it I assume. If someone has a better idea, let me know! It’s hard to explain “the improvement” of long supply chains without saying anything wrong.

“Materials from audited/certified/checked/mostly fair sources?”

Update: I just add a fake “blue card” for those who want to think about the slogan a bit more

I don’t understand the little + and x icons on the blue one, but how about adding circle-icon from the Peace-of-Mind-app? I don’t even know if that is from FP, but it certainly makes sense in terms of using your phone. :slight_smile:

Fairphone is made in China in fair and safe conditions

:blush:

1 Like

I think this are the screws which enables you to easily open the FP2, as only standard torx (*) and crosstip screwdriver (+ and x) are used. So “Designed to Open” could maybe stand at the border…

3 Likes

I like this, but I am afraid that as Fairphone we can not publish it…

We are pushing the boundaries and getting more fair and fair all the time, but not all materials are from known sources and not all working conditions are healthy and fair yet as not all parts in the supply chain are known, let alone audited.

How about:
“I haven’t had to wait for something this long since I was a kid at Christmas!”

:wink:

8 Likes

I know & agree. Nice to see that mentioned also from your side. I would’ve used percentages but currently there are none available :wink: I’ll just wait a bit, maybe it can be used later or I can use some info from here.

1 Like

Self-irony. I love it! :smiley:

2 Likes

“When a man can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others to laugh at him.”

• Thomas Szasz
1 Like

I don’t know how it is with other phone manufacturers, but one thing I really like about FairPhone is that the company itself seems so accessible. Probably because it’s still a relatively small group of people that work at FP, and due to them being present in the community through Facebook, Twitter and, of course, this forum, it feels like there’s a very short line of communication towards the FP people themselves. Even when someone like Douwe or Joe says they’ll check up on something with other people within the company, usually an answer will follow sometime soon. And I know there have been some complaints about the communication from FP to the community, but despite this I feel like I’m much closer to my phone’s manufacturer than I’ve ever felt with the HTC, Sony Erricson or Nokia phones I’ve had.

5 Likes

My reply is not so much ‘because’ but ‘how’:smile:

I’ve written a short report for my trade union’s magazine about the Fairphone and why it is special. It should be out in a few weeks.

1 Like

@Cathal: This is great! But: did you read the first post? :wink:

Of course. That’s why my opening sentence indicates that it was prompted by but not constrained by the topic title. :smile:

we made some new cards! Hope you like them :smile:

4 Likes

To be honest I don’t know what these cards are used for anyway, but I personally wouldn’t be compfortable using the blue one unless I saw a more detailed cost breakdown first.

1 Like

re the blue one, why euro, pound and dollar? are these the currencies actually used to pay things? if you name currencies other than euro (it is a Dutch / European project after all) it would make more sense to include the currencies of the countries you are doing trade with in production.
re the yellow one: we were talking about radiation in another thread so talking about a phone and warmth has a different connotation there :wink:
are these designs for postcards?

I think Euro, Dollar and Pound are the currencies in which global trade happens, even if you trade with China or the DRC.

Could you make wallpapers in this style? Preferably in desktop sizes (HD) and for the Fairphones.