I cannot hang up during a call

Hello,

Let me try and write everything down because I am getting so tired of this phone.
I am having a Fairphone 1 since july 2015 and I have never really had 0 problems with this phone. It has already been send back twice to fix the screen, updates, battery etc. and after february 2016 I was amazed how it was working!
Still not completely flawless but I am not that difficult so I managed but I keep getting more and more problems.

At this moment I am having the craziest ghosttouches again. I can’t do anything with the screen. I put the phone in factory mode and tried the screen where it was working perfectly. Then i left the phone for a while, put it back on and now it’s working again like it should be but it has been doing this for the last few days (when i got a new screen like half a year ago!)…

Then when I’m skyping with a friend, wether I’m calling freely via internet or with my credits, I can’t hang up. This happens almost every time now, then i have to ask the other person to hang up but thats crazy right?!

When I’m using the Facebook messenger app and i want to take a picture via this app it completely freezes. I have to reset the app before its working again, but read this is happening often. (and then i mean when u have the little round message ball shown in the screen)

A lot of websites don’t work properly on my phone. I can’t get rid of popups when they are appearing or to end the cookie notifications.

When I want to add a phone number and it is saved properly, after a few days i am trying to call this person but the number is gone!! Like it hasnt been saved! Then now i am sending the person (if its possible) a whatsapp message. Also then after some time i am seeing a phone number in my app list instead of the name i have put in there… How??! Besides that from others, i am seeing 2 or 3 of the same numbers when i have really added only 1. I have already shut down all the contacts of emailadresses etc so that i am only seeing those that i have added on the phone itself. Which was also a big job to do because i had to manually put in all the contacts at first when i got the phone as new, but also after when it was send back to me after repair.

So if anyone else is having problems similar to mine, please share! Then I know I’m not the only one…
When I’m starting to get really anoyed by everything that is happening already in the past year and i still have another year to go with this crazy phone. It’s far from what i expected from it and i am not even expecting much because i am using it for calling, texting, a few apps as i just mentioned and thats about it! Nothing serious really and all people are already telling me to buy another phone…

1 Like

It happened also to me with Runkeeper, but I suppose it’s a fault of this app not correctly programmed.

[quote=“Inge_van_Leusen, post:1, topic:20533, full:true”]
When I want to add a phone number and it is saved properly, after a few
days i am trying to call this person but the number is gone!! Like it
hasnt been saved! Then now i am sending the person (if its possible) a
whatsapp message. Also then after some time i am seeing a phone number
in my app list instead of the name i have put in there… How??! Besides
that from others, i am seeing 2 or 3 of the same numbers when i have
really added only 1[/quote]

Do you use Google to save your contacts? Do you sync your account Google (so the contacts…)?
Which contacts do you display under the app People? Because probably the sync with Google could give some errors…

Also I see many contacts duplicated on my People, because I decided to see into that app all contacts (from Google contacts, telephone, WhatsApp, Telegram,…) and system couldn’t automatically merge the same detail.

Hi Inge. I have the same problem as you with my FP1 screen. Cannot hang up during a call. I tried to reset my phone in factory mode but the problem is still there. Did you find a solution? I’m really sad because i love my Fairphone but cannot use it in these conditions…

Please be more detailed. Can’t you hang up because the screen stays black or because you cannot touch the red “hang up” button?

hello Stefan,

I found the solution, I had to clean the screen at the place of the proximity captor.

Now it seems to work.

thanks!

1 Like