How to uncheck "unknown sources" for F-Droid

Continuing the discussion from What apps with root access do you use?:

I know no other way, but when @haffenloher told me about that option he said:

So I guess there are. :wink:

2 Likes

##How to uncheck “unknown sources” for F-Droid

The other possibility is to let F-Droid install packages using root access (can be found in the F-Droid settings).

First, uninstall F-Droid and make sure you have an F-Droid APK available somewhere, let’s assume it’s at /sdcard/fdroid.apk:

su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /sdcard/fdroid.apk /system/app/
chmod 644 /system/app/fdroid.apk

When you’re done, reboot your phone.

You can enter the above commands using an ADB shell or some terminal emulator application directly on your phone.

4 Likes

Shouldn’t you remount it read-only again at the end?

Edit: Never mind, the reboot takes care of that already.

Exactly =)

…oh, my post has to contain 20 chars, so here’s the read-only remount: mount -o remount,ro /system

2 Likes

Thank you! F-Droid (actually the app, you want to install) at installation doesn’t ask for permissions anymore though…

Using which configuration?
I’ve got F-Droid installed as a system application, “unknown sources” disabled and checked none of the two “Install using blablabla” options in F-Droid. It seems to install packages through the normal android package installer, so I still see the permission confirmation dialogue.

I have checked “install using root privileges” and granted them forever, when F-Droid asked me. Now, I don’t see this permission confirmation dialogue anymore.

PS: I unchecked “unknown sources”.

OK, so perhaps F-Droid’s own “Show permissions” option is an alternative for you?

(Perhaps this whole discussion should be split out / moved to a different thread)

2 Likes

Have this activated now. The little list in the app overview must suffice, I guess…

Well, you could still go through the procedure I described earlier to install it as a system app.

So that should be working the ADB as well or not?

Pardon? You can use the ADB shell for that, yes. I’m not sure I understood your question, sorry

1 Like

With Link2sd you can easily too change user-apps to system-apps.
This is one of a lot features from this app.

Best regards
Bobby

1 Like

That was my question, yes :slight_smile: thanks.