How to turn off VoLTE

Hi everyone,
I started having connection issues with my phone. Last week after the upate. I researched and found some hints that turning off VoLTE might help, I looked it up but do not have this option anymore. I checked the settings for mobile data. Was it removed? Am I looking in the wrong settings??

BR

I’m using an FP3 with /e/OS, but I am confident your settings are similar:

Settings > Network & internet > [Your SIM / Mobile Network] > Advanced > VoLTE

On an FP4 (without a SIM, so my search is limited here), I get this when just searching for the term “volte” in the Settings’ search function:

1 Like

Yeah, I checked this but I really do not have this option… Also the settings search does not have any hit

Well, I will admit I have little own experience with VoLTE, but from all I have heard, not all providers offer it. However, that leaves me wondering why the search function will show me the above result although I haven’t even got a SIM card in this FP4.

Are you on the latest system version FP4.FP3W.A. 128.20220516 ?
(See Settings > About phone > Build number)

Depending on operator it might also be called “4G Calling” or similar. Maybe you can share information about the operator you’re using with us? It could be a specific problem.

1 Like

This topic seems to fit. Can’t see the option myself on the latest OS.

1 Like

This probably really is provider specific, with Congstar I do get an option for VoLTE on a FP4 running the latest stock FPOS:

It should be located under Network and Internet → Mobile network → [Name of provider if multiple SIMs are inserted] → VoLTE (checked both :de: and :uk: and the option is named the same).

@Hanswurst What provider are you using?

2 Likes

I am Vodafone. I will try to switch to eSim to see if it has any positive effect.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.