How to switch from sound to vibration to silent mode?

Hi,

On FP4 I can’t find how to switch from sound to vibrating mode to silent mode, like it usually possible to do on any Android phone. There is not the usual pictogram that would appear in the top bar menu… The only thing I could do is to set up a shortcut to switch on either silent or vibrating mode. And the shortcut doesn’t work both ways…

Am I missing something ? This is quite inconvenient.

Thanks a lot for your help :pray:

Jérémy

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :wave:

Press one of the volume buttons and then the :bell: icon on top of the volume slider, that should let you switch between the different modes.

8 Likes

That’s not usual to Android, but maybe to the phones UI you used before. I saw that at Samsung phones for example. Plain Android doesn’t have this icon.

Thanks a lot ! Works fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Help please, I’m clearly somehow overlooking the obvious.
Yesterday I needed to quickly put my new FP4 phone on “Mute” and – WTF? Where is that button anyway? :astonished:

Seriously, where is it? I don’t see anything like it in my quick settings drawer. I have quick setting buttons for useless (to me) stuff like “Night light” and “Invert colors”, but I don’t have a button to quickly tell my phone it should not make a single sound? [Vizzini] Inconceivable! [/Vizzini]

The only thing vaguely related I see is a “Do not disturb” button, but that’s not what I’m looking for. On my phone “Do not disturb” is set up to filter annoying sounds during night while letting potentially important ones pass, not to temporarily set every possible alert to “vibrate only”.

What am I missing here?

I’ve moved your question to this existing topic.
You’ll find the answer above :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.