How to solve the issue of invisible apps fp1?

Hi
I’ve recently installed Trello App on my FP1 via the Google Play Store. On there it says the app has been installed, but it’s nowhere to be found on the phone to uninstall and reinstall. I thought initially that it was due to a lack of storage space, but that was not the case.
What to do?
Thanks very much for your help.

I assume you looked at the “all apps” view but just in case you just got your phone and are new to android:

click here

installed apps are not automatically put on the homescreen and the “my apps widget” only shows your most used and recently used apps. To get to the “all apps view” you need to tap on the circle with the six dots inside. It’s found on top of the my apps widget as well as when you perform an edge swipe (place one finger on the side-edge of the screen and swipe to the middle).

Otherwise go to your settings app > apps > all apps. If it’s not there in the list then it wasn’t installed.

Hi
thanks for your response, Paul.
yes I went to Settings --> Apps --> All Apps
Thing is Google Play says it has been installed, so it cannot be installed again.
Any answers?

Did you try rebooting your phone?
I recently experienced something similar (though on the FP2) that an app only showed up in “all apps” after a reboot.

Maybe wiping cache could also help.

You could also uninstall the app directly from the play store and (maybe after a reboot and/or a cache wipe) install it again.

2 Likes

Did you try rebooting your phone?

• I reboot my phone fairly regularly. Did it in this case too, and nothing changed.

You could also uninstall the app directly from the play store and (maybe after a reboot and/or a cache wipe) install it again.

• No option given to do that on GP.
  • Wiped cache, no difference.

Greetings and thanks.

Are you sure? Usually, when you go into Play Store, you can go to your installed Apps. When you click on an installed app, you normally have two buttons: One for opening the app, and one for uninstalling. How does this look in your case?

Here’s a screenshot of what I mean (sorry though, it is in German):

2 Likes

Hi Freischwimmer.
that helped! yeah!
Mein kleines Organisationsherz ist superfroh :wink:
Danke Dir!

1 Like