How to search in .txt?

How can a search inside my .txt-files?

cat file.txt | grep "Search"

SCNR :wink:

Seriously, you’ll have to provide more information about your problem.

1 Like

Open the txt file in a browser and then “search in site”.

1 Like

Open the file with Amaze, presinstalled on FP Open, and then use the search function in the toolbar.

1 Like

OK, das heißt, ich müsste ein Comandline- Tool installieren. Geht das ohne root?

Nachdem mein Wunsch ist alle Textdateien innerhalb eines Ordners zu durchsuchen, müsste ich vermutlich

cat [Pfad zum Ordner]*.txt | grep “Search”

verwenden, oder?

@Stefan @Roboe

Danke für die Tipps, aber ich möchte in mehreren Dateien zugleich suchen .

1 Like

My German is limited, I stopped learning at the “danke means thank you” lesson, :wink:

Puedo contestar en español si lo prefieres, pero en deferencia al resto de lectores internacionales del foro tratemos de hablar en inglés, :slight_smile:
(I can reply you in Spanish, but out of respect for other international forum readers, let’s try to speak English here, :slight_smile:)

1 Like

wtf ??

$ grep word file

$ man grep

1 Like

The search feature of the Amaze Text Editor crashes Amaze on my FP1…

Should work without root.[quote=“Subhash, post:5, topic:23215”]
cat [Pfad zum Ordner]*.txt | grep “Search”
[/quote]

Exactly[quote=“jacko, post:8, topic:23215”]
grep word file
[/quote]
I am aware of that, but since I’m accustomed with grepping on more complex tasks, I use the above syntax. However, grep "Search" /path/to/txt/*.txt should work similar.
Cool down a bit, there is always more than one way. :wink:

I totally agree with @Roboe: We should use english here! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the tips! I succeeded in searching multiple files with command line but this solution is very uncomfortable. Is there another possibility to search in several files at the same time?

1 Like

There’s probably an App for that. For example, f-droid lists this (old(er) screenshot), which might be what you mean by comfortable… (disclaimer: I’ve never tried this app)

1 Like

That is quite fine. Only filenames are not searched too which would be great.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.