How to disable Bluetooth Audio Autoplay when using Spotify?

I’ve added a mention of Spotify to the title of this thread to clarify.

2 Likes

Two solutions are discussed here: https://newbedev.com/prevent-music-players-from-auto-play-on-bluetooth-connect

I tried the second one and it worked - sort of: Spotify plays for about 100msec and is then paused by the Bluetooth Connect&Play app.

The issue also happens with other media apps, the article explains that this is built in behaviour from the OS: car media players send a MediaButton event when they connect. This explains why Apple users have the same issue.

1 Like

Update: In the meanwhile, I tried LineageOS on my FP3.

Same story: Spotify eagerly jumps in and starts playing when connected to my car. =(

About LineageOS: this is worse since with LineageOS my Audible app manages to crash the phone (with full reboot) after approx. 20 minutes I am listening. This is unusable, so I’m back at FP3 OS again.

… which is a factory reset (to some extent).

And? Same story: Spotify eagerly jumps in and starts playing when connected to my car. m(

@FreekB I think this is what the Tasker application tries to do. So, been there and tried that. It worked. Sometimes, not always.

This behaviour of Spotify drives me nuts and currently, I’m about to drop Spotify in favour of Deezer.

After the upgrade to FPOS A11 all my podcast, music, audio book apps, not only Spotify started to play when connected to my car, so yes quite annoying. I’m on Iode in the meantime and at least this behaviour stopped for Antennapod and Bookbeats, would have to check for Spotify again if you are interested. I currently dont use Audible so cannot say if its stable on Iode OS.