How to create shortcut to top menu option on home screen?

I would like to create a shortcut on my home screen to a top menu option. A shortcut to the torchlight to be precisely.

I know the torchlight is only two swipes from the top away from the home screen, but I’d really like to have a ‘button’ or ‘icon’ on my homescreen that activates/deactivates the torchlight straight away.

Such a shortcut also could be useful for toggling other top menu options, such as WiFi, Bluetooth or GPS.

I haven’t been able to find information on the Forum or the rest of the Internet on how to create such a shortcut (if at all possible). That’s why I’m asking here:

1. Can this be done at all?

2. If so, how?

I don’t know if this is the best solution, but you could get an app that does this. Just search for “flashlight” in the F-Droid store and try some.

If you are comfortable with using the Google Play store, this app seems ok: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.irk.ang.balsan.shortcutled

It only needs permission for camera, flash and disable suspend.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t answer your question but it may help in other cases: if you swipe with two fingers it’s only one swipe from the top.

1 Like

Swipe down two times, you should see the brightness control now. Tap on the pencil at the top. Now, you can rearrange the symbols. You can have up to 9 symbols per page, the first six symbols will be shown in the “quick access” bar.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer CChris, I now realise I forgot to mention I’m still on FP-Android 6, so F-Droid is probably not an option for me(?).

That completely does the trick, wonderful! Thank you very much Ingo!!

Good tip, thank you! Indeed I wasn’t aware of this yet.

1 Like

Could it be that this is an option on Fairphone Open OS, and/or Android 7? I’m still on FP-Android 6, and I don’t see a pencil at the top of the top menu.

Anyway, I’m quite happy with this solution.

1 Like

Yes, it’s an Android-7-specific feature.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.