How to block calls from eSIM in dualsim setup

Hello,
I have a regular SIM and an eSIM, both of which are working fine.
What I would like to do is block all phone calls coming in on the eSIM. However, I still want to use it for internet, so I don’t want to deactivate it completely.
For telephone I want to continue to use my regular SIM.
Is this in any way possible?
Thank you!

Well, a good start would probably be to not disclose the number.

You can also divert all incoming calls, for example to a voice mail that says that you’re not taking calls on that number.

Carriers have provisions for numbers that cannot receive calls (such as SIMs in Data access USB dongles).

There’s also this method, which uses old GSM commands. It’s a service provided by the default dialler app, that presents basic options in a comprehensible form and automatically relays your choices, presumably thanks to info already available to the app (such as your voicemail number).

• Open the dialler (Phone) app
  • In the 3-dot menu choose Settings, and then Calling accounts
  • Tap on the name of your mobile provider that corresponds to the eSIM
  • Choose Call settings > Call barring
  • Wait for a few seconds while your phone checks the current settings (can be quite long) … you will then hopefully see the current status for different situations. Tap “All incoming” to block all incoming calls.

However, some carriers may not allow barring in this way. In that case, use forwarding:

• Open the dialler (Phone) app
  • In the 3-dot menu choose Settings, and then Calling accounts
  • Tap on the name of your mobile provider that corresponds to the eSIM
  • Choose Call settings > Call forwarding > Voice
  • Wait for a few seconds while your phone checks the current settings (can be quite long) … you will then see values for four scenarios.
  • Tap “Always forward” (the first option), and then type in the number to which calls should be forwarded, such as your voice mail or, quite simply, the number of the other SIM in your mobile phone.
    Please be aware that call forwarding can incur costs for you. I would advise checking with the carrier of your eSIM.
    Doing this will likely also disclose to your callers, the number to which you are forwarding.
3 Likes

Thank you very much.
I wasn’t aware that I could go to a call barring inside the 3-dot menu calling accounts.
I see that menu option now, that should do it!