How many people have you pitched and/or "sold" a FairPhone to?

I’ve played evangelist with my sister and my brother’s girlfriend, both of whom are now proud owners of a Fairphone. I’m now trying to pitch the Fairphone 2 to my dad (I’m already pre-ordering one for myself).

How about you? Have you made many “conversions”?

3 Likes

My best friend got to know the Fairphone 1 through me and bought a FP1U (the second batch). :slight_smile: At some point of time, Fairphone probably should register as a religious organization, rather than a social enterprise… :wink:

3 Likes

One of my friends has now signed up for the FP2 because of me.

2 Likes

I pitched my Fairphone 1 to my friend. So I could buy the Fairphone 2.

1 Like

In the lectures at my university I often open the fairphone website to check for updates. Some of my friends ask me about it but most of them are quite hard to convince. I wasn’t able to make even one of them seriously look deeper into the topic. :confused:

1 Like

Way to chase the next new thing with a clean conscience! :smiley:

1 Like

I didn’t get anybody to buy a Fairphone yet, but I pre-ordered the FP2 and am planning to lend it to people who are in between phones, hoping they will consider getting one themselves.

2 Likes

The reason I want the Fairphone 2 is that I’am hoping for a better gps. I use my Fairphone frequently for finding the way. My friend is in need of another phone, but has no need for a good gps.
So that why I can pitch my phone to him, because he needs to know why I want to go for the Fairphone 2. One has to be fair.

2 Likes

5 people so far, all members of my local Friends of the Earth group, so an easy audience I think!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I encouraged two people to buy a FP1, but I deeply apologized to them. And I’ve talked 2 out of 3 other interested persons out of ordering a FP2, as they would be disappointed because of the non-openess of the system.

The FP1 did have its quirks, but in most cases it wasn’t anything that a more tech-minded acquaintance (in my personal converts’ case, me) couldn’t fix. Sorry to hear that wasn’t your experience.

As for the FP2, whatever openness you’re missing I think that merits its own topic. I think the Fairphone team has done a good job of being transparent in their process thus far, so I’m very curious to know what you think they could do better.

3 Likes

A colleague wanted one some months ago but it wasn’t on sale then and FP2 preorders weren’t available yet so he went for a Moto G instead.

My son pitched Fairphone to me and I bought an FP2.

He really wants one too but no FP1s left and he can’t quite square with the price of the FP2 compared to HTC Desires and Moto Gs and Es. FP2 would probably have to be mud and waterproof anyway as he’s a serial mobile murderer. Might let him play with mine.

1 Like