How do I remove the screen?

Hey guys!

I’ve had my FP2 for about 5-6 weeks now. I have tried to remove the screen just because I am curious how this fantastic device is on the inside, but I couldn’t figure out how to do.

Now I’ve had serious problems, so in regard to this cleaning thing that is discussed here (FP2 Screen can’t be reactivated during/after calls - See first post for Workarounds), I will remove the screen. But I still cannot do it. I have been watching this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsop-mM1MZk) over and over and over again and I still can’t open it. Do I have to remove SD and SIM in order to remove the screen? Have done that. On the video the guy seems to just be gently just and then the screen gets released. I have used a lot of power and now my hands almost hurts - it feels like the screen and the motherboard is one deivice or as if it is glued together. And I don’t wanna use force in doing this no more.

Is there something that I am missing? :slight_smile:

Hello @JensN, i had the same problem. If you remove the screen for the first time, you need a lot of power, but you have to be gentle enough, not to destroy the screen.

At first I unlocked the blue locks and then I put the top edge of the screen against my desk edge. With power I pushed the phone against the desk edge, the suddenly the screen was released.
I hope, my confusing tip is a help for you :wink:

Thanks. “A lot of power” and “be gentle” sounds like a contradiction :S

Do I have to remove SD and SIM in order to do this?

No, you don’t have to do that, the only thing you have to do is removing the battery for security reasons…

THX! I’ll give it another try… :slight_smile:

No]!
Spielmops

This has been discussed in that topic already. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, but I already posted that link, saying that I found it unuseful in regard to getting explained how I should remove the screen.

If You Talk about the Video, have You read the entire topic? There Are several hints for how it works. I used the guitar Pick method and the screen went off just fine :slight_smile:

Please continue in the topic huskers posted above if you still have questions.