How common are complaints voiced in this forum?

Hi all. I’m thinking of buying a Fairphone 4. However, complaints in this forum worries me. But it’s unclear to me how common these complaints are.
For instance, the problem that the call reciever have difficulty hearing your voice. Is this something most users experience or just a few?

2 Likes

Well, first of all, people with issues are the ones that create topics here. People that don’t just happily use the phone so you won’t see/hear them. Sadly no phone manufacturer produces a fully functioning phone, especially in the first 6 months after launching the phone.

In this thread you can find some user experience. This problem didn’t really occur with regular phone calls, mostly with other apps.

Fairphone’s goal is to improve the microphone quality.

5 Likes

I’ve never had any of these reported issues

4 Likes

Hi Ninni, personally the only problem I have had with my new Fairphone 4 was one involving accessing an SD-card, which was resolved with help from people here and a recent update to the software (from Fairphone).

Other than that I have had no issues. Like all things, the Fairphone is not perfect and there are minor things I find a bit odd or annoying but nothing that makes me want to get rid of the phone or that make it unuseable. Most of these minor things I expect will be sorted out by future software updates (i.e. I have had no hardware problems).

I splashed out on the phone, took a risk ordering it in Europe and having it bought to the USA, and then a risk as to whether it would work well on networks here. Happy to say none of my fears came to pass. The phone works fine and I am getting 5G every day here in the USA.

6 Likes

Thanks all, for your quick replies!

5 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As mentioned most users don’t use the forum so it would difficult to give a responsible answer. Yet two ~ three hundrend thousand phones have been sold (FP1 to FP4) and the company has survived, so they must be doing something ‘right’.

I have 2 x FP3s and 1 FP4 in the family all working as expected, no problems with people hearing or seeing me doing video calls.

And note the FP4 has a five year warranty, so you have some time to get real problems sorted officially if this forum can’t help with any issues you find difficult.

4 Likes

Yeah right
Its the five fingers death punch :grin:

1 Like

UPDATED my earlier post. I had missed the ‘hundred’

200,000 to 300,000 have been sold
:blush:

1 Like

I’ve been using Fairphone product since FP2 (FP2, FP3, FP4) and each iteration is a clear improvement. Although the FP2 was easiest to open, this came with downsides, and these downsides were addressed with FP3. I can recommend FP3 and FP4 for anyone, they are as good as any other smartphone. FP2 had some stability issues. As already said, you only read here about (some) people who have issues. The people who happily use their smartphone every day you won’t hear about, as they are too busy with RL and don’t come to complain. Complaints are always the loudest, its like that with any product. What you should be worried about with products is the under the hood problems, the ones which are there but are not being covered because of a general consensus. These might affect you, or they may not.

4 Likes

This issues are not typical for fairphone. Every car has more than one forum about questions and issues. And often the issues here can be fixed through workarounds. And the developers are sometimes part of the discussion. that’s a benefit in relation to xiaomi and co

1 Like

I thought the 5 years warranty was only for people who bought their FP4 in 2021.

This is what the website says :slight_smile:

When you purchase before 31/12/2022. Remember to register your warranty.

3 Likes

no, 31.12.2022 is the ultimate date

1 Like

I don’t know how to read :scream:

1 Like

No worries. It is of course mostly the people who experience issues posting here. Satisfied Fairphone owners have no reason to do so. Typical support forum impression :wink:

Best wishes,
Thomas

Have you tried other forums :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed, just as a comparison, the Pixel subreddit:

2 Likes

Wow that smells even before you open the door.
Can’t even read without signing in or using an app… so I didn’t do either.
Our FP community forum is the place for fresh air: :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.