HOT Austria Internet not working after latest update

Hello!

I’m using the Austrian mobile provider Hot, which ist from my knowledge operating within the Magenta (German Telecom) network.

The last update fixed most of the system stability issues, but unfortuneately my internet is not working any longer.

Fixes from old similiar issues have been tried and did not work so far.

I was in Austria until yesterday (will be there again soon) and also used HoT. For me everything worked as before with regards to mobile data. Except for loading sites in Firefox that is - but that is a Firefox issue.

Here are some questions to consider:

• Are you using a custom DNS?
  • Have you checked whether the APN settings are correct?
  • Does it not show a connection at the top of the screen or does the Internet just not work in your Browser?
  • Have you tried force-stopping your Browser, clearing the cache and restarting it?
  • Have you restarted your device yet (multiple times)?
  • Have you tried disabling and re-enabling mobile data yet?
  • Does Internet via WiFi work fine?
  • Do you use an eSIM or a physical SIM?
1 Like

I’m also using hot in Austria (e-SIM) and don’t experience those issues, sorry. Maybe a coincidental local network error? Does it work for others in your area / on another phone?

• Are you using a custom DNS?
    No
  • Have you checked whether the APN settings are correct?
    Yes
  • Does it not show a connection at the top of the screen or does the Internet just not work in your Browser?
    No connection
  • Have you tried force-stopping your Browser, clearing the cache and restarting it?
    Issue in all apps, not just browser
  • Have you restarted your device yet (multiple times)?
    yes
  • Have you tried disabling and re-enabling mobile data yet?
    yes
  • Does Internet via WiFi work fine?
    yes
  • Do you use an eSIM or a physical SIM?
    physical
1 Like

Hmm, then maybe it’s somehow related to the physical SIM? I use a HoT eSIM as well, and that one works fine. The physical slot is occupied by my german SIM in my case.

thank you very much. you made me realize i have a fairphone 3 and therefore am in the wrong forum.

2 Likes

Ah, that explains some things. ^^

Maybe it’s related to the roaming issues people are experiencing then:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.