Highlighting the Firefox address bar

You mean highlighted so you can just copy the address?
Works for me … Firefox 68.0.2 on the desktop … Fennec F-Droid 68.0esr on the phone.

Well, yes, that too. Or just so that when I start typing the existing text will conveniently be deleted. What operating system do you use? It works just fine on Microsoft Windows, and no doubt on Apple.
- Ah! You’re on your Fairphone. Silly question.

Windows 10 Pro 1903 (desktop) and LineageOS 16.0 for microG (phone).

Mozilla Firefox still has a special place in my heart, despite this ongoing bug. I still fire it up and use it from time to time.

Ah, I see … on Linux it behaves differently. Strange indeed.
But honestly, before I use Chrome-based browsers (even if I like to have Vivaldi around for “second opinions” on websites), I’d rather bring myself to double-click the address bar or click it and hit CTRL-A, it’s not that hard :slight_smile: .

True. It’s not that hard. I’ll get over it. I’m still a bit miffed with Mozilla for neglecting GNU Linux, but I will try to overlook it.

CTRL + L (think “location”) does both in a single step

Uh? What do you mean?

Not technically correct. They are based on Chromium, which is the open source project. Chrome is based on Chromium too, but it’s proprietary (nothing can be based directly on it).

3 Likes

You were right to pick me up on this.

I blame Mozilla Firefox for this bug that is unique to GNU Linux

Oh yes! That works. I like it.

1 Like
  1. Type about:config in the address bar and hit return.
  2. Search for browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll
  3. Doubleclick that entry to set it to true.

Not a bug, just an option.

5 Likes

And so does F6.

2 Likes

Ctrl+L indeed, as I learned from Browsh (Firefox for terminal).

Firefox, I’m back! Forgive me!

4 Likes

Slightly off-topic:
Ctrl + K is the shortcut to perform a search.

2 Likes

Ever since Quantum, Firefox gives great performance once more. Google isn’t sitting still with Chrome (and Edge is based on that nowadays). Comparisons on Linux desktop (found on Phoronix) go either way.

I had to learn this slight difference just recently as I was looking for some Linux based program to play old shockwave/flash files.
Firefox should do, but couldn’t get it to even after configuring the proper filetype setting…also Chromium would not help.
Using Gnash now.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.