Headset mic not working

Any news about this issue?

1 Like

This was very helpful (though clunky), thanks!

I was able to get this to work too.

I am still frustrated that several headsets I have used in several other situations (iPad, iPhone, directly into Mac and Windows Laptops, using adapters into older laptops …) don’t work here. I bought a pin-switching adapter on advice here and that doesn’t appear to work either. Checking on what’s wrong with that. (The patient might have more than one ailment.)

Thanks again.

1 Like

Good morning,

I made some more troubleshooting. For most headsets the mic is still not working at all which is a known problem with the FP2. I have tried Polk Audio Ultrafit 3000, a few Samsungs, a few Apples and so on. None working.

However, I found out that with my Kingston HyperX Cloud 2:

• The mic is working fine when I am using the sound recorder or RecForge 2 Pro to record sound. The sound is crystal clear.

• When making a phone call, the mic is not working. The reciever of the call can’t hear me but I can hear them.

• When recieving a phone call, the caller can hear me for 3 seconds and then it becomes quiet. I can still hear the caller.

Remember, the HyperX Clud 2 headset was working fine with the FP2 in the beginning but suddenly this 3 second problem occured.

1 Like

Has anyone else with headset mic problems tested if the mic is working with a sound recorder app?

As I wrote before, on my Kingston Hyper X Cloud II the mic is not working when recieving phonecalls but it’s working when recording with RecForge 2 Pro.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.