Hatched sound durings phone calls

Hello,

I have issues with my fairphone 4, durings phone calls, the other interlocutor sometimes hear my voice like i’m going through a tunnel and sometimes can’t hear my voice at all but most of the time my voice is hatched.

Thank you for your help

Hi Elias and welcome to the community forum :slightly_smiling_face:

There may be a problem with the mic, but there are a number of other possibilities.

Is your phone running the latest update? This is the first thing official Support will ask you to do.

If the phone is up-to-date, then to check the mic and other audio components, go to this support page and then choose:

• Fairphone 4 > Calls > The caller can’t hear me

• Reply “No” to the question whether the issue is solved after updating the phone.

• Follow the instructions.
    If necessary you will be guided to fill in a form to contact Support with your problem.

Run the test on the mics if they’re not working then try disabling the permissions for Google

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for your responses, the test “mic 2 to bottom speaker” fails.
Yes I’m running the latest update.
I’ll try disabling Google’s permissions.

Regards

1 Like

The problem still exists, I don’t know if it’s a hardware or a software issue.
Lately my interlocutors don’t hear my voice for some time then it comes back, I think it varies depending on the network signal strength but I don’t get notified that I’ve been disconnected.
Any leads ?

There’s obviously something wrong with the phone, since one of the tests failed.
It’s under guarantee, so you should contact Support.
Make sure you’ve backed up the phone data as you’ll likely have to send it for repair.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.