Has anyone tried Nokia ZLauncher?

A nice, simple and good looking launcher, you can download here, even if you donā€™t have Google Play on your Fairphone : https://www.zlauncher.com
It works fine for me, but itā€™s still in beta version.
Some issues I met :

• The meteo Widgte doesnā€™t work
  • I dont have the option to install other widgets

Who else have tried it ? What is your feedback ?

@Moke41 was talking about the Z launcher in another thread.

Iā€™m gonna try it out! :slight_smile:

Edit: WTF??? If you do not have Google Play, you still have to sign in with your Google account??? :open_mouth:

I donā€™t think you have to. If you wait a few seconds, the downloadling appears, if I remeber well. But anyway, you can still get it on Aptoid !

I tried in Firefox Mobile and had to sign in to Googleā€¦ I am downloading now.

First experience: they want my data!!! xD I did not accept their policyā€¦

1. The concept seems quite interesting. I noticed though, that with the Fairphone launcher I can access Firefox with one swipe and with Zlauncher I need to write ā€œFā€ first.
  • The settings dialogues look like Android Gingerbread.
  • What does the single app shortcut to the contacts mean? Why is it even there?^^
  • Writing on the screen is really funny!!! :slight_smile:
  • I can only select ā€œcall someoneā€ and not ā€œtext someoneā€ā€¦

iā€™m trying it right now and the concept itā€™s quite amazing (of course, just my opinion).
using it, is more or less what gnome 3 did with the linux desktop: type to find what you needā€¦the fastest way to interact with a machine.

@Stefan: I really hope that, asking to the Zlauncher, for the firefox app a couple of times, will pop it up in the favourite apps in very short timeā€¦ :smile:
and yes, they ask for a lot of informations!

Yes, Firefox is the top app already. :smile:

@Emmanuel_Delannoy
The Meteo widget works for me, but it needs your approximate location. If you do not have a program providing location information (I use mg UnifiedNlp), it wonā€™t work.

Other widgets are not available right now, or need Android 4.3. See the support article on zlauncher.com.

Just installed but blocked almost everything with XPrivacy :stuck_out_tongue:
Will see what it can collect andā€¦I blocked all the Internet access either within XPrivacy or with AFWall+ so I think Meteo widget wonā€™t work :stuck_out_tongue:
Bye!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip about UnifiedNlp : works fine now !

1 Like

After using it for a week, I found out how incredibly often I used to use apps, just because I had placed them on the home screen.

Now I only use apps, I really need because I need to draw them first. :slight_smile:

On the other hand I miss some widgets, especially the K9-Mail widget with the unread countā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

Exactly tne same for me so I eventually uninstalled it and restored the default launcher (v2 :wink: )

1 Like