Has anyone gotten rid of their random reboots?

I’ve been doing some tests with my Fairphone and the results look pretty bad.

• I took out the SD-card, the SIM-card and the case of the phone and then just waited (used another phone in the meantime). Three days without a reboot (I usually get at least one reboot a day).

• Put the SD-card back in, got a random reboot in under a day.

• Took out the SD-card, put in the SIM-card in slot 1, random reboot in under a day.

• Put the SIM-card in slot 2, reboot in under a day.

:sob:

How much is a new core module?

Maybe try the same experiment with a new SIM card (like one of those free ones they have at kiosks) before spending your money on a new core module. It could be an issue with the card rather than the phone, and a new SIM card from your carrier is a whole lot cheaper than a new core module.

1 Like

Yeah, I was gonna do that next but I’ve been using two different SIM-cards for a while now since I’m often in the UK (insert Brexit-joke here +_+), so I’m not really hopeful that it’s about the SIM-card … But yeah, I should definitely double-check that before thinking about buying a new core module ^___^

Welp, my UK SIM-card almost made it through three days in slot 1. So there definitely seems to be a problem with the simcard slots. Which is super annoying, I could live without an SD-card but a SIM-card would be nice to have :sweat: … Gonna test case(s) now, just to be sure and them maybe more SIM and/or SD-cards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.