Hard bricked with bootloop

Hi all,

I own a FP2 since more than one year and I was quite happy with it.

During this year the phone has gone through a process of stock->root->encrypt->decrypt->marshmallow update. I really like to mess with my hardware.

That is probably the reason I am writing this.

Since the marshmallow update (which I had to flash manually), most of the software has not been working properly (particularly gapps). Since one week ago, the phone was barely charging any battery when I plugged it in, and it often bootloop.

I then wiped the phone to factory reset from TWR and the phone seem to respond well to that. But next thing I know is the battery does not charge anymore when I plug the phone.

The current situation is just a bootloop of the Fairphone logo every 10 seconds whenever I try to charge it (I don’t even get to optimizing app…). No chance of accesing TWR anymore either.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Have a out tried flashing the binary manually? See method 4 in the manually install Fairphone OS guide: https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/207914363-Manually-install-Fairphone-OS-for-the-Fairphone-2?mobile_site=true

I don’t think I can make it into bootloader mode. As soon as it is connected via USB it will begin bootlooping…

I think this is the end of my FP2. 1 year and 5 months…

I have had similar problems some time ago, the trick is to start the phone while pressing the volume down button before plugging in the USB cable.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.