Group action against Fairphone for dishonest support on Fairphone 3

I do not own a FP3+, but a FP2. Various bugs and issues have kept me away from buying and recommending an FP3+, and using the FP2 as a spare phone so far. But the latest ROM update looks promising. I will keep an eye on how things developā€¦

1 Like

I do not work in customer support, and I think no one should because it is not worth it dealing with peopleā€™s complaints, but thatā€™s just me.

3 Likes

Hi I empathise with your concerns and didnā€™t even risk the FP1 and 2, but my daughter heard about the FP3 so I paid for it so she wouldnā€™t be so hard done by. So I bought one and itā€™s pretty good, some battery charging issues that I donā€™t understand and occasional audio issues on WhatsApp that that my daughter brought to my attention. My daughter has been offered a replacement due to the poor volume on WhatsApp but has decided to see if this new update will sort it, ~ doubt it :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure I understand you comment about money, but I would pay a few hundred more if it was a spot on phone with no issues.

So far the phone is usable, though I only use it via wifi and I canā€™t really support the notion of ā€˜dishonest supportā€™ ~ insufficient, inept and slack maybe and disappointing and no doubt for some utterly depressing, but whatever I get myself into isnā€™t anyone elseā€™s fault so I also do not see the sense or decency in trying to foam up a group action to challenge someone; as this topic was set out.

As for the idea I think l thatā€™s where I differ. Iā€™m not interested in making the electronic industry a better more caring business so I expect FP to fail in that sense and their poor phone quality and support structure, may undermine their efforts to run such a business for long.

Whatever FP does is their business, I donā€™t have to be involved, but once I have made my choice to show that I care it undermines my efforts to then shift the responsibility back to Fairphone when they donā€™t live up to my expectation. The question is more ~ can I live up to my expectation and the answer there is more often no than yes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.