(got one, thanks) Help, looking for fairphone 2 camera module

Hi everybody, my camera module on my fairphone 2 died just a few days after warranty expired, and then I found out the cameras are no longer produced. As I am not keen on buying a new phone I am looking for someone who has a camera module to sell or give away.
I am in Switzerland and will obviously also pay for the shipping fee.
Thank you very much!

To clarify, do you need a 12 MP module or is the one with 8 MP sufficient?
Since many people upgraded to the newer version, you can easily find an 8 MP module, many people even give them away for free :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As my fairphone 2 already came with the new module installed, I would prefer the 12 mp one. But obviously an “old” module is still miles better than no working camera, so I would be happy with both.

1 Like

Hi! I have a camera module (new module fp2) to give away for free. I am Switzerland as well - how do I get your address? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can contact another user by PM.
Click on the avatar of the user and then on the message-button in the top right corner of the pop-up window.

2 Likes

Maybe you should also consider getting a Fairphone 3. It’s awesome!

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

@Zatrp I am sure it is! However, I only got the fairphone 2 in January 2018, so it is just two years old. And one of the main reasons for me to get a fairphone was not having to buy a new phone every two years, or everytime a module malfunctions. So I am trying to keep my fairphone 2 alive for a bit longer, even though the fairphone 3 is tempting :wink:

1 Like

Also thank you everybody for your help and input. I am in direct contact with 1234 who has offered me some components and it looks like my issue is resolved at the moment, hooray!

2 Likes

Hi, da du aus der Schweiz bist, kann ich ja auf deutsch schreiben. Ich habe ein 12MP Modul. Ich will daran auch nicht viel verdienen. Sagen wir 10€ plus Versand Deutschland - Schweiz.
GruĂź Klaus

1 Like

Ecology-wise it’s better to fix your FP2 if it’s still ok for you.

1 Like

@kdh Lieber Klaus
Vielen herzlichen Dank, ich habe mittlerweile das Modul von 1234 erhalten und es funktioniert. Damit ist mein Problem gelöst. Danke dir dennoch ganz herzlich für dein Angebot!
Liebe GrĂĽsse nach DE,
Katja

Dear everybody

I have received a working camera module. Thank you to everybody who has helped me out here!