Google, Gmail, Drive... all google not working - iodeOS version 4.1

Running iodeOS version 4.1
Android 13.

I setup gmail and connect it to my account. Every app I use from google seems to be stuck fetching data. I even turned off the protection from Iode app on gmail but it’s still stuck.

“Getting your Messages” all other internet connectivity seems to work.

I installed Firefox and tried using it, basic internet connectivity seems to work fine.

Google calendar when I try to sync gives me a “Sync Error” but no additional information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the community forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Just so that we can orient advice along the right lines could you briefly outline which factors led you to choose IodéOS over other options such as /e/ or stock FPOS?

Iode OS is not meant to run with Google Apps…overall I would advise to head over to the Iode Forum.

I like the increased privacy and OSS alternatives, but I’m traveling abroad and haven’t had the time to really migrate all my emails/contacts/calendar etc to alternatives. I was hoping to start with google products and then slowly migrate out of the more proprietary tools.

At this point, I have what seems like a great phone but I don’t have access to any of my emails, photos, contacts or phone numbers which makes it difficult to use as an alternative.

Well, as long as you have an Internet connection and a web browser you should be able to at least pick up your gmail, access your gcontacts and your gphotos, unless two-factor authentication is blocking you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.