Google gift card is not working

Hello!
I bought two Google Play Store gift cards, one at a drugstore and one at a petrol station. Bothe times I made sure the gift cards were activated.
When I try to transfer the money to my Google account, it seems to work first, but then I get the message Google needs more information.
I then have to enter where I bought the gift card and upload a picture of the gift card and the receipt.
A day later I then receive an email, telling me that the gift card gives me no right to complain or refund.
If I ask for further information, I get no answer.
Has anyone had similar experiences?
What did you do about it?
Could the problem be connected to the Fairphone?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Avo

Hi and welcome to the forum

It would be useful if you state which Fairphone, which OS and version.

Thank you amoun!
I tried it with
a Fairphone 3 with Android 11, last update Feb 2023 and
a Fairphone 4 with Android 12, last update Feb 2023, last Goggle Play System update March 2023.

1 Like

Have you ever successfully done what you are trying to do now? To me this sounds as if you are doing something wrong, probably only a little detail. I doubt that it has to make with the phone you are using. Can you please go through the Google support page about gift cards and double-check if it still fails after having followed that?

Maybe some information there can give you a hint why it fails for you.

Hi Martin,
Yes I did charge my Google account like this several times in the past.
I also did check the Google support homepage and double checked my steps before I started this thread.

1 Like

I can’t help for these other than say contact the place you got them or Google. Next time buy them on Jam Doughnut(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.verycreatives.jamdoughnut) so you get cashback on top. I’ve used it for over a year and no problem.

Thanks Lawson.
I did both. No luck so far.
Goggles play store tells me , that JamDoughnut is not available in Germany.
But Thanks anyway!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.