Gesture typing again (swiping)

Hi there, I recently received my FP2 but miss the gesture typing funcion. Found some older threads about this topic but no solution to the problem there. I already tried a different keyboard (anysoft) which didn’t help either. Is this a general malfunction? Maybe the phone needs a software- or firmware update? Thank you!

The AOSP keyboard has an option saying it does swiping, but this doesn’t work. You need a keyboard that has the libraries, e.g. google keyboard

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick response! I chose the anysoft keyboard because of it is said to be “privacy friendly” - but if I understand you right I HAVE to use GOOGLE keyboard?

Weil, in the gboard apk there’s the relevant library. Long ago, when i has a s3 mini, all that was needed was a library from there. Actually, I’m using gboard, setting options as privacy friendly as possible, and disallowing any network with afwall… Hopefully, this helps

Update: i can’t find any library that sounds like something with libswipe or similar… Maybe this is called different nowadays might be interesting to dissect the gboard apk

2 Likes

You can also use swiftkey but Microsoft bought it some time ago, so you can decide who gets your data :wink: - no just kidding but be aware that all the “big” keyboards are using a intelligent word prediction which means that the send whole sentences you’re typing to their servers to “give you a better user experienc” - whole sentences! - before using this keyboards you should at least disable that in the settings (and trust them to really stop …)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.