🇬🇧 🇫🇷 How to change the ringtone for the alarm?

Hi,

I’m a Fairphone2 owner and I’m very happy. But I don’t manage to change the pre settled ringtone for the alarm. Whatever I do, the same alarm stay. How and where can I change that ? In Wich folder in the interne stockage must I to paste the mp3 file ?

Excuse my english, I’m french. I hope someone will understand.

Thank you for help.

Yanou

The ringtone for the alarm can be change in the clock, when you set the alarmtime.
Sometimes the alarm ringtone will change, no reason why this happens.
I have to set the ringtone for the alarm that I want again.

:fr: Salut Yanou, tu peux copier ton mp3 dans le dossier Alarms de la mémoire interne de ton téléphone (sdcard0)

La modification se fait ensuite dans l’App horloge, dans le même menu que celui ou tu modifies l’heure d’alarme

1 Like

:gb: Hi,

Thanks you Lidwien, but I don’t know but now in doing the same thing (in selecting an other ringtone alarm) … it works. maybe you’re magic.

:fr: Arvil,

Merci pour ta réponse. j’ai reussi à changer la musique du reveil (en espérant que cela reste en l’état), mais je suis interessé par de mettre le mp3 dans le dossier Alarms (dans sdcard0 de la mémoire interne). Seul problème, impossible de trouver ce dossier Alarms. Saurais tu où il se cache ?

très bonne journée
Best regards.

:fr: Hmm as-tu bien cherché le dossier /storage/sdcard0/Alarms ? Voici un screenshot de mon téléphone lorsque je m’y trouve. Au pire, crée le dossier s’il n’existe pas…

:gb: English “translation” for people who don’t speak our wonderful language :
To set a custom Alarm ringtone you should put your mp3 in “/storage/sdcard0/Alarms” (There are Ringtone and Notification folders too for their respective purposes, and yes that’s shitty design from Android). Here’s a screenshot of my phone while in this folder.

1 Like

:fr: Je te remercie pour la reponse.

On a tous le même tel est pourtant je ne trouve pas ce dossier … je déconne forcément quelque part . Dans la mémoire interne, je vois bien le dossier storage mais ensuite il y a emulated/0/updater
Aucune trace du dossier Alarm.

Je peux le créer et du coup le reveil ira piocher la dedans ?

Je ne veux pas abuser de ta gentillesse, tu m’as déjà bcp répondu.

Merci Ă  toi.

:fr: Dans Amaze, il faut que tu cliques sur la partie “storage” dans “storage/emulated/0/updater” afin d’accéder à d’autres emplacements comme la mémoire interne. Tu devrais trouver le dossier en question de cette manière.

:gb: In Amaze, you need to tap on the string of the file system in order to access higher/other locations of your system.

1 Like

:fr: Merci pour le message. Je ne sais pas ce qu’est “AMAZE”, et qu’est ce qu’est ce fichier “updater”? J’ai trouvé le dossier updater, j’y ai mis mon MP3, cela n’a rien changé. Mais à partir du reveil, je peux changer la sonnerie et cela fonctionne. Elle se change toute seule parfois sans que je comprenne pourquoi mais au moins cela fonctionne.

merci Ă  vous tous.

Amaze est l’appli qui gère les fichiers (elle au un icône de dossier avec une loupe bleue dessus) :wink:

1 Like

hi ! i have quit the same problem but i can´t find this folder…
some solution?

I’ve never found this folder but … in the alarm menu I can select a mp3 as alarm ringtone and it works.

it just work for calls but not for messages, and after reboot its not work anymore. and if i receive a msg or call its muted… no sound nether vibration… and i forgot i want also to be able to set my own sound for the alarm …

ok i got it for the alarmclock… just conected on pc and made new folders lieke the path avril posted…
but not for call or messages still not work…

For call, you set a mp3 on Ringtone folder. Then, you go in Settings/sound and notifications and select a mp3 in “phone ringtone”. It works.

For the sms, it works by the native sms application but for example with “Chomp sms” it doesn’t work ;;;;

Thx i could solve it with ringdroid. :grin: