🇬🇧 🇪🇸 Tethering not working with Spanish SIM (FP1U v1.6 and v1.8)

Es lo mismo con USB y WiFi (y Bluetooth, si disponible)?

@Stefan, no funciona bien el tethering con USB, ni con Wifi, ni con Bluetooh. :frowning:

Le dije el problema al equipo de Fairphone, a ver si saben una solución.

Les importaría si yo tradujiera el titulo al ingles (y tambien el primer post) para facilitar que otros ayuden?

@Stefan, puedes traducir el título y el primer post al inglés, de acuerdo.

Gracias y a ver si encontramos alguna solución.

1 Like

@Rigel Veo que has traducido el post tu mismo. Siento que no he tenido tiempo para hacerlo! Feliz Navidad!

I can’t use my FP as a router neither by USB cable connection nor by wifi. Only once I succeeded some months ago, after that never more. This is the biggest problem I have with my FP.

Hola guys.

I have a similar problem, temporarily solved by manually enabling “masquerading”:

1. Download Terminal Emulator for Android
  2. Share the Internet connection from the configuration menu
  3. Connect from the computer
  4. Launch Terminal Emulator on the phone and run the following commands:

su -
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ccmni0 -j MASQUERADE

You should then be able to browse from the computer.
Afterwards you can put all commands within a script file.
If anything goes wrong just reboot and try again.

Regards
Enos, from Italy

2 Likes

Hi enos, I get error message:

iptables v1.4.11.1: can’t initialize iptables table `nat’: Permission denied (you must be root)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

Permission denied (you must be root)? Why?

Regards.

Before typing any other command, type su to give superuser rights to Terminal Emulator.

@Rigel
Sorry I had mistyped su as cd. Follow Stefan’s advice or refer to my corrected message.

@enzo, I get error message:

Unknown id: echo

@Rigel that’d be Enos, not Enzo :smile: anyway type enter after each line, like this:

su (space) - (enter)
echo (space) 1 (space) > (space) /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward (enter)
iptables (space) ...

Thanks, @enos . It works!.

I have copied the text and then pasted it in the terminal, as it has no nano editor to make a bat.

As this is a problem reported in the first version of the fairphone OS, it would be great to fix this in next upgrades .

Who do I have to tell this? maybe @Stefan ?

Regards

Hi, thanks for summoning me. I will add @keesj, from the software developer team of Fairphone. Can you tell us if this fix can be implemented in a future version of Fairphone OS?

I’ve become to the same problem after Knut version upgrade.

My solution from terminal, here: http://bit.ly/1EXeYHG

I am not sure if I understand correctly. You have used tethering before with a Spanish SIM card and after the update to Fairphone OS 1.8.5 (aka Kola Nut) tethering stopped working?

If you want, you can also write in Spanish.
:es: Si quieres, también puedes escribir en español.

Hello,
I am having the same problem.
Here the situation:
My Fairphone FP1 does tethering with a sim from Aldi Germany (right now) or Aldi Belgium but tethering does not work with the Spanish Orange sim.

Nothing to do with the upgrade. It was like that on 1.6 and now on 1.8.5.
The Spanish sim allows me to go on the Internet but no tethering.
I put the Spanish sim in my Teclast T98 tablet and there the tethering works fine…

So must be some problem between Fairphone and Spanish Orange.

Did you read post 12? A workaround is provided. We hope Fairphone can incorporate it in the next update.

Actually I do not want to try these “workarounds”. I just want my phone to work like a normal phone.
But thanks for the advice.

A solution has been provided by @Techaddict here: