Fragile FP4 back cover

Good morning,

I have the same problem with mine and it’s been 2 times that Fairphone has sent me a new cover. The second time, they offered me the silicon protection.

I tried the speckled lid and the grey. The cracks always come back. I think this is due to a design flaw. The resistance of this type of plastic is not suitable for such fine notches.

1 Like

I have my FP4 since August last year and removed the back cover at least around 20 times, and dont have any issues with it. I have the green one btw and dont use any protection.

4 Likes

Am I the only one who experienced problems with the backcover? I have to order the second one, now.
And the colour of the screen frame is worn.

‘Problems’ is a bit unspecific when it comes to a backcover. Was it just scratched? Or what broke - just the clips that hold the cover in place, or some other part? Also do you remove the cover regularly e.g. to switch batteries? Do you use a case?
For ‘regular usage’ I haven’t really heard any complaints so far.

You’ll find plenty of discussion of this problem here.

1 Like

You’re right. More specific: it cracked , pieces broke out, after it dropped on the floor from the table (approx 80cm). 2nd time, same reason. The rest of the phone is quite sturdy, except the screen frame colour. I never used a case, since I bought it over a year ago. Not even a screen protection.

Same her. Dropped a few times. And it’s allways and only the backcover that is damaged. Cracked as in your pic.

Are you also complaining, that your car is broken after you smashed it into a bridge? You can call yourself happy, that only the back cover breaks, that is easy and quite cheap to repair.

1 Like

At risk of being unoriginal, I have had exactly the same problem others have described. Plain green cover, bought from a reseller in July 2022. I’ve never dropped it, and only had the back cover off 2 or 3 times. I’ve contacted my reseller and will see what response I get.