FP5 - Pictures Gallery

Wow, the stock camera also comes out best in this comparison.

4 Likes

Coming from the FP2 I’m really impressed by the performance in general and by the low light performance in particular. Picture was taken quickly during the night ride demonstration of our local bicycle club.

Did the train stop there or did it just pass through? :wink:

7 Likes

Sometimes DB trains move😂 like in that moment…

In this picture even both trains were moving normal

6 Likes

Stock

13 Likes

@yvmuell Could you please suppply the links to the exact GCam-ports you have used? Thanks!

1 Like

This BSG MGC_8.9.097_A11_V9_snap.apk

And latest Nikita. Niktan wasnt updated quite some time and wide angle lense isnt working, just black screen and I noticed sometimes red artifacts at the edges like in this picture

4 Likes

For my taste the stock pictures look better.
Less contrast and better exposed.
Seems the FP5 has better optimisation for software&sensor.

1 Like

How do you force use of the wide angle camera in the stock app? (nevermind, found it, zoom out)

3 Likes

you can use the 1.0 button in 2 steps… overall I dont find this button very intuitive and would like to see at least the second button for wide angel…

Portrait mode is a bit strange

4 Likes

Oh wow - that outline detection worked terribly. But I honestly never warmed up to that Gaussian fake DOF trend anyway.

5 Likes

Some snapshots, all taken on FP5 with BSG GCam port.

11 Likes

A few pictures with the stock cam:

Only the picture of the steam train is not completely convincing, but that was with gray sky and difficult lighting anyway, so I find this acceptable.

Edit: Added the grid markdown as suggested by @urs_lesse, thanks for this suggestion.

10 Likes

Just a little suggestion for everyone posting pictures here: Put [grid] and [/grid] around them and they will be presented in a more compact way (for what it looks like, see my first post). You can still edit the individual photo “names” (the text right after the exclamation mark ! in your photo markdown code – see @Martin_Anderseck’s photos right above and their descriptions) if you want to add information to individual photos.

@Stenneth_Flushpool Love your photos #3 and #4 best! :+1:

6 Likes

Here some pictures I took to compare the differences between the official FP5 Camera App and BSG GCam Port:

- Primary Camera, Daylight Settings:

- Primary Camera, Nightmode

9 Likes

- Ultrawide Camera, Daylight Settings:

- Ultrawide Camera, Nightmode:

9 Likes

Kinda seems like the GCam port pretty consistently adds more sharpness to the image, while Fairphone’s stock camera tends to produce lighter images, which appears to be an advantage in dark environments.

6 Likes

Discourse seems to reduce the quality of these uploaded images a lot.
I will post a link here later with the original quality…

I think the only mode where the Fairphone Camera app is getting much wrong is the default daylight mode for the ultra-wide lens.
Even the night mode for the ultra wide lens is much better than the default mode. I assume this can be easily fixed with an update :slight_smile:

By the way, the pictures were taken with a trypod.

4 Likes

Even the ones displayed when you click on ‘original image’ in the popup view?

Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-10-01 23-47-52

Yes. those “originals” have a size of ~140KB, my originals were between 3.5MB and 6.5MB…

4 Likes

The FP5 has made me more comfortable at taking pictures in a low light environment.

11 Likes