FP5 - Battery Life

I’m wondering how your getting 2 days battery life on the Fairphone 5 when i’m only get around a day with ~3 hours of screen on time.

I’ve got alot of things disabled:

• no 5G
  • no AOD
  • no Bluetooth
  • nothing really in the background
  • very little apps
  • disable mobile data when using Wifi
  • brightness ~33-50%

even tried a new battery, but same on that one.

It also seems that the OLED pixels don’t actually turn off.

Note: I’m using a custom rom and the last version of the official release that was on this phone is from 5 months ago.

Again the battery menu is not counting the charge cycles. Thus the numbers are not accurate. There used to be a line graph on Android 13 that displayed the charge status. And the screen time is the way it is because of screen saver. Plus i used a side app to force the screen to be on with this new update that somehow removed the always on display feature from Android 14. Android 13 and older versions had this feature in display settings. The devolper options only enables this for charging only. I missed this feature so much. I sideloaded an app to fix it. I clearly have it on the charger. Yet it still has screensaver mode and display active. After taking it off and opening settings. You can clearly see the issue here. The usefullnes of this menu is more worthless because it doesnt display the devices charged state. I’ll include a picture from Android 13 to show how useful it was in finding out the problem. The line graph in the included screenshot is old but clearly more useful in finding out the problem. You see where Im getting at here.

As far as I see, nobody has mentioned how they charge the battery: fast or slow. Does this make any significant difference, to your experience?

Yes I’ve stated i’m slow charging & leaving it at 80%. Apparently giving it a full charge and fast charging hurts the battery. It takes forever and multiple charges to get by a day. Even with apps disabled. They still seem to run background tasks even when you don’t use them. I found that out as of lately. They seem to wake up out of the blue on my device. Even with permissions disabled; it still has to phone home to the servers. Funny how in battery usage. I’ve used the apps for less than one minute. I didn’t even open them.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Android and AntiVirus Apps