FP4 without a google account - annoying daily reminder

Hey,
I am using my Fairphone 4 without a google account.
Unfortunately the “Fairphone 4 5G Setup”-Wizard cannot be finished without entering a valid google account, so there is a permanent reminder to finish the setup…
Is there any way to disable the daily reminder?

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum. When you long press the notification, a gear wheel icon will appear. It should take you to the notifications settings where you can disable this particular type of notification. (I’m not really sure if it’s possible to disable it in any other way.)

On the FP2 and FP3 you cannot disable this notification, but when you just start the wizard again (by clickng on the notification) and pretend to do the setup and just skip everything again, its gone.

6 Likes

Hello,
thank you for your reply.
It is not possible to disable that notification:

Hello,
thank you for your reply.
I was able to skip lots of steps in the setup, but not the google account form.
I see some “likes” on your post, so did anyone with a FP4 manage to skip this step?

Have you disabled/deacrivated the Playstore and all other useless Google stuff? If not maybe this helps as well? Would be really annoying of it would no longer be possible to get rid of this!

1 Like

There’s a bug where the skip button doesn’t show up for the Google account step when the setup is started after the first boot. I just checked and it’s still there.
There’s an additional bug that will keep showing the setup even if you went through all the steps and user_setup_complete=1 is set. And that’s of course still there too :see_no_evil:

The easiest way to get rid of the notification is just disabling Android Setup (that should happen automatically anyway once the setup is complete).
Search for Android Setup in the settings and select disable, that should do it :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thank you!
Disabling the “Android Setup” was successful. :+1:

1 Like

Why not set up a Google account with as little as possible and/or bogus data?

Best wishes

Telemetrie tracking is possible then :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.