FP4 Vibration not working in Messages/SMS (otherwise fine)

Hi community,

i checked the Forum and general Android 11 help, but no luck.

My FP4 won’t vibrate in Messages/SMS. In other Messengers, Calls, Alarms and Mail it works fine.

Vibration is activated in “Vibration & haptic strength”, Messages app and specific conversations.
Also haptic feedback works. Vibrator Self test worked fine.

I already tried: Vibration, Sound and Silent Mode (with different sounds and volumes).
NO energy saver, NO Do not disturb activated. Also put Messages as exception in Do not disturb. The same with or without usb-charger connected.

Recent Update, restarted several times.
Build number: FP4.FPWA.128.20220516

So i am really clueless. Help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Bonus question: I would like to have an easy switch to only SMS and Calls vibrating while everything is silent. That should work via Do not disturb (through exceptions) or Battery Saver (with muted other apps), if Messages would vibrate at all, right?

Hi and welcome to the forum : and the clear detail of what you have tried but sadly although I have an FP3 with A11 I’ve never used the vibrate and would take me a while to replicate your work.

Hopefully someone will have a helpful idea.

All the best

Haha, ok, i think it works, but not while the chat is open - independent of whether the drop down settings are covering the conversation… ooopsie :blush:
But my “Bonus question” remains: I would like to have an easy switch to only SMS and Calls vibrating while everything is silent. That should work via Do not disturb through exceptions or is there an easier way?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.