FP4 usb-c to usb-a adapter

Hi,
The question: does a usb-c to usb-a adapter works on the FP4, what possibilities does it give (headphones, storage device)?
The wish: I have a headphone (hyperx cloud II) I would like to use with the FP4, it can be plugged with a jack and has a usb-a adapter. I wonder if i can plug the usb-a, into an usb-a to usb-c adapter, into the FP4. This adapter would give me more use-cases as a usb-c jack adapter.
Thank you community!

It may work for some devices, can you not get an adapter and try?

I don’t see why not. I use a USB A to USB C cable to connect my FP3 to my PC for data transfer.

It seems quite unusual for headphones to have USB-A as an input connection. I would suppose this socket is intended for charging the headphone. Check this before buying a adapter cable.

BTW, some adapters have built-in device-specific electronics. So maybe not every adapter may work with the Fairphone, but Fairphones own product should do, regardless to the device you plug in.

It appears that those headphones essentially have a connector that is a USB audio device with volume controls. It should work without any problems: the USB audio device class standard is widely used and widely supported, and has been around for a long time. It will be largely the same as plugging in a (proper, digital, not the unfortunate audio accessory alternate mode) USB C to audio jack dongle. While the connector is different, the interface is the same, up to potentially different versions of the standard. Half the time, type C connectors are actually just doing USB 2.0 connections anyway.

I’ve had success plugging phones into old audio interfaces, conference speakers, etc. It is possible that some features, like the “virtual 7.1” audio, will only work as intended in limited circumstances.

Checking their website, they’re analog headphones; it looks like the manufacturer has thrown a USB audio interface into the box too, quite possibly to ensure that the mic works well.

I think almost no USB audio devices will be device-specific. The major exceptions are the horrible USB audio alternate mode dongles, but those only exist for type C connections anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.