🇩🇪 FP4 // SW Update // FP3N.A.091

Der carriername (bei mir Vodafone) ist immer noch omnipotent in der statusleiste. :frowning:

Ich denke, das ist nicht übermäßig überraschend, sondern es handelt sich bei dem Update - ähnlich wie für das FP3(+) Software Update: 3.A.0134.20211116 - nur um ein paar wichtige aktuelle Security-Updates, die nicht auf fertige Feature-Patches warten sollten…

Der Unterschied 5. November/6.November ist hier wohl ziemlich entscheidend, sofern CVE-2021-1048 auch Android 11 und das FP4 betrifft. Dieser Patch wäre dann wohl in diesem FP4-Update nicht enthalten.

1 Like

Anscheinend war es nicht nur ein Security-Update. Es ist jetzt möglich, den Mobilfunkanbieter aus der Statuszeile auszublenden.

3 Likes

Aha, super.
Wie?
Hab nix gefunden. Wo stellt man das ein?

Siehe hier:

2 Likes

Display → Erweitert

8 Likes

I didn’t get the update yet. Is that normal?

normally not.
Your phone didn’t find it automatically via Updater?
checked it manually? ->settings->system->advanced->system update

Do you use any “firewall” or DNSresolver against Block lists that maybe block your Updater?

I did check. It says it’s up to date and that the last update is from September 5th. No firewall or DNS.

OK, don’t know what happens…

I guess you should open a support ticket about that.

When you get these updates might vary depending on your carrier/operator/country. It’s been like this for the FP3 for quite a while, only recently there was even a carrier-specific update that FP3 owners in other countries didn’t get at all. So I would not be surprised if the same is true for the FP4.

4 Likes

Did that already. Just received the answer. It’s a carrier-thing…

OK, just a question. What Carrier in which country?

Germany. MEDION Mobile.

OK. Strange.
I cannot see why there should be a problem.
Neither germany nor Aldi Talk (O2 Telefonica) should be a showstopper

What happens if you remove the SIM start the phone again without any carrier and try to update via pure WLAN?

1 Like

Nothing. Same thing…

OK. confused…

As i know will FP release the update also as a offline update.
this should work definetily and perhaps will fix the issue (if there is one maybe) for further updates, that they will work then automatically…

that’s my last resort idea… :frowning:

@Marco_Hessdorfer
Last idea
Maybe it is possible for you to do a factory reset.
I think, if i remember correctly, that during the initial setup process, it will be searched for updates.
Maybe that works…