FP4: News/Rumours and Updates

Score is very similar to the Sony Xperia 10 III (Snapdragon 690).
The codename lito should be associated with the 690 and the 750G (and some others), but I’m not sure.
Looking at the cores, I would say it’s a 750G. (I thought it was a 690, I was wrong).
https://twitter.com/DroidDotNews/status/1440905609340198919#m

6 Likes

If it really has a 690 then it has 802.11ax-ready. That’s not the phone I’m looking for to upgrade. It is obsolete on release.

If you go by that none of the Fairphones so far would have suited you, they were all a bit outdated on release

3 Likes

True. But this is not a minor revision thingy I’m talking about. It’s a WiFi standard that is already used for a few years. It’s like the 5G upgrade for WiFi. I’m not talking about the latest features in the software defined camera world :slight_smile: That’s indeed a bridge too far for Fairphone. But having the latest connectivity is at the core of a smartphone.

1 Like

The 750G would be nice though

2 Likes

I can finally confirm it’s a 750G

Here’s the comparison between 690 and 750G

7 Likes

Still WiFi 6 ready… Obsolete at release :frowning:

By the release of Qualcomm do you mean?

There are WiFi 6E SoC’s already. Maybe it was better to wait a few months for Fairphone.

Waiting is always better in technology.

It has already TWT, WPA3, MIMO 2x2 and 8x8 sounding implemented. These are the most important features for the receiving device for the standard users.

Meh, connectivity is kinda important for a phone. WiFi 6 ready is like HD ready, not the full standard. While this isn’t that bleeding edge. And it’s not like a high refresh rate display gimmick. That would be an acceptable loss.

I think the most people can overcome the missing features from WiFi 6 also in the coming 5 years. Without knowing the whole design and decission process you can’t now whether it is a good or bad decission. Every feature comes with a price.

5 Likes

Nice, 750G looks a bit better than 690. I don’t mind about the wifi, because I use mobile network all the time (now 4G with FP2, but 5G with FP4). I don’t even have wifi at home anymore :grin:
So, 1 week until the release…

One week until some news, we don’t know for sure, whether it will be a FP4.

2 Likes

I think if they launvh a new phone it is very soon available since they have postponed the announcement.

Fairphone Live Event | The phone that cares for people and planet

30/09/2021
Here we go.

6 Likes

(This is the guy who shared the first info on the FP4)

4 Likes

https://www.xda-developers.com/fairphone-working-on-truly-wireless-earbuds/

new info :

the report says the earbuds will be available in at least two colors — White and Black — and will be priced in the vicinity of €99.95. The earbuds will likely launch alongside the Fairphone 4 5G.

3 Likes

Fairphone FP4 - Geekbench Browser

It’s indeed a 750G.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.