FP4: News/Rumours and Updates

Just to mention @UweER, we won’t and can’t change the font, the size and the logo of the categories, only name and colour. So don’t spend too much time kindly doing new designs :slight_smile:

7 Likes

On size of the phone, the good news is that the overall dimensions if data is to believed is that the fp4 is smaller. Down from 158mm to 148.7 and believe or not only 7.8mm thick than the 9.89 of the fp3

Wow! with a larger active screen ??

SOC 690

71.5mm wide

God damn it stop with this “too wide to grasp” nonsense

Hi @BiggusDiggus

I’m not aware of anyone saying the phone is “too wide to grasp” in this topic, you may like to make ref to know whom you are referring.

There may have been comments to that effect elsewhere in which case it would have made more sense to me to post in that topic the the new proposed FP4 i 0.03mm smaller :slight_smile:

And as you appear not to have done either of the above, what is the ‘god damn it stop’ supposed to do. Well at least it started with a small g.

Yes, but you’re on your own w/these. No more chipset updates, they’re no longer secure. Not something you want to do anything serious on. Probably not even something you wanna hang on your WLAN.

1 Like

Earphone jack, is there, isn’t there.
3m

I wouldn’t lie, that would be quite a turn-off for me. My car doesn’t have bluetooth on account of being 15 years old. And I don’t think it’s sustainable scrapping an otherwise perfectly good car so that I can play music and have navigation over the speakers with my new phone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . I hope I don’t have to invest in a Bluetooth-to-aux cigarette lighter plug just to be able to do what I was already able to do with the FP2.

Whose quote is the last paragraph, yours or @RSpliet 's?

Yes clicking on the link shows it is RSpliet’s but I quite agree that not having a jack socket is a bit awkward for some, especially after buying Fairphone modular ear set :slight_smile:

Maybe the usb will be able to transfer sound via an adapter? Of course the problem then arises of the extra physical stress on the usb port :frowning:

do you not know

2 Likes

Doesn’t get chipset updates. Has guaranteed holes in WLAN and BT firmware.

1 Like

…No
Just, no.
Don’t blame “possibilities”, because some people are too (how shall we say…) clumsy to handle their own stuff. People are responsible for their own actions. If somebody messes up, let that be a lesson. I’ve seen countless of people who don’t give enough of a $h!t to read some text and think about what they are going to do. #cause-and-effect #resposibility

1 Like

FAIRPHONE Fairphone 4 Adapter USB-c To Mini-jack - ACADAP-2ZW-WW1 - Redcorp.com/nl

Dutch retailer is listing a USB-C to Mini-Jack adapter. Maybe it means that Fairphone 4 has no audio jack after all?

7 Likes

The retailer also list 3 protective cases: grey, green and red.
In adddition to that there are screen protectors with blue light filter or privacy filter.

6 Likes

And what about this? :scream:
Fairphone True Wireless Stereo Earbuds

4 Likes

Seems like this video is right and the FP4 does not have a 3.5mm jack port.

Perhaps all the other information in the video is also correct.

1 Like

That video shouldn’t be taken serious. They themselves don’t state any source in that video, they just want views. And it’s also not consistent. They claim it will have Bluetooth 5.2 and a Snapdragon 690, but that SoC has Bluetooth 5.1.

6 Likes

Score is very similar to the Sony Xperia 10 III (Snapdragon 690).
The codename lito should be associated with the 690 and the 750G (and some others), but I’m not sure.
Looking at the cores, I would say it’s a 750G. (I thought it was a 690, I was wrong).
https://twitter.com/DroidDotNews/status/1440905609340198919#m

6 Likes

If it really has a 690 then it has 802.11ax-ready. That’s not the phone I’m looking for to upgrade. It is obsolete on release.

If you go by that none of the Fairphones so far would have suited you, they were all a bit outdated on release

3 Likes

True. But this is not a minor revision thingy I’m talking about. It’s a WiFi standard that is already used for a few years. It’s like the 5G upgrade for WiFi. I’m not talking about the latest features in the software defined camera world :slight_smile: That’s indeed a bridge too far for Fairphone. But having the latest connectivity is at the core of a smartphone.

1 Like