FP4 is no longer recognized on Windows 10 / 11 via USB

Hello,

The fact that two FP4 devices have experienced the same symptoms, all cables are tested and work with all other Android devices, makes me suspect that there is something wrong with the FP4. I have been using Android devices for many years since the first Galaxy :see_no_evil: and have not changed my behavior. All devices worked for many years until they were too old. My S7 is now 6 years old and running (slowly).

Maybe they will find the error when I send it back. Unfortunately there was no feedback or repair report the first time either.

Thank you :pray:

Quite possibly, but in that case why were they working to begin with, and why did they suddenly stop? Thatā€™s what we need to find out. Not easy unfortunately!

1 Like

electric circuit?electrical short of some kind. has been on my mind since the beginning

1 Like

Yes Iā€™ve been thinking that, too. A wrong voltage that some devices might survive easier than others, such as might come from a misplaced contact in a USB socket?

Then why do all other devices still work, charged with the same cables and chargers :face_with_monocle:
I think there is no point in guessing, there is a fault and it is either a weakness in the design or something else, a good repair shop should be able to figure that out.

Iā€™m curious how it goes on and activate my old phone for now.

Ich wĆ¼nsche einen guten Abend

It is QNX-based, so no.

That doesnā€™t mean they are suitable for data transfer

That may refer to the USB socket on the phone ?

Good morning,

my question, if someone knows the problem with the USB data connection and has a solution, has now been answered sufficiently. Apparently this error is rare or not present and I just had bad luck. Since all tested devices and cables are OK - also suitable for data transfer - I will have the Fairphone checked and then report the result in here.

Thanks for your support and your ideas on this subject :pray:

With kind regards
Hardrei

2 Likes

Hello,

thanks to the excellent Fairphone support, the problem is solved. Thanks again for this forum as well.

Unfortunately I canā€™t report about technical details, because I donā€™t know them. I think the development of the Fairphone just goes on.

Have a nice weekend
Hardrei

3 Likes

Hi Hardrei

So what was the final solution to your problem? Iā€™m facing the same issue here. Cables that used to work donā€™t anymore. Itā€™s not working on neither Windows nor Linux. USB-C to USB-C is working, but I donā€™t have that interface on the computer I want to use it on ā€¦

Thanks and best regards
gleu

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.