FP4 - gcam-port

Hello

Sorry but with /e/ you also have wide angle mode (main camera ID2). :wink:
In horrible quality like the stockcam unfortunately has but it works.
Everything is still a bit new, time heals all wounds . . . hopefully :thinking:

1 Like

Also for me, in eOS, wide angle camera runs, but only with 12MP, not 48MP

Hello

Is already known since the FP3+, different phone but same problem or explanation
Sometimes the search also helps with “similar” phones :wink:

But the FP4 cameras are different, they can generate a 48MP output, not like the FP3+ camera.

1 Like

I think this applies only to the main sensor. Even the stock camera app doesn’t allow you to take a 48MP photo using the wide-lens camera.

Yes 12Mp max output using wide angle

wide

I would read that as 48 MPs at 0.8µm and 12 MPx at 1.6µm (0.8 @ 2x2) and note only the later has the suffix ‘output’

Fairphone, and others, usually leave out the difference between photosites and pixels, hence the MP

2 Likes

As always with Fairphone camera specs, that can be read in many different ways :wink:.

3 Likes

Is there any update on this?

I read on xda that the Iode magisk Module is not able to use the wide-mode and no gcam mod was able to do thst aswell.

No, not yet

1 Like

your config is not available anymore. Could you upload it there maybe?Config Files for Wichaya's 8.x

Sorry, I don’t have it anymore…

And where you’re pointing to in your link, you cannot upload configs directly. You have to request it.
It must then be accepted. I did that initially but never saw it and didn’t get any feddback.

I just noticed that Wichaya 1.5 puts wrong EXIF info into the DNG file when shooting in RAW mode: Google Pixel 5 is saved as camera model instead of Fairphone 4. Does this also happen with Nikita port?

Somebody already seen this?

4 Likes

I tried it myself, Nikita does save the correct EXIF information. But with Nikita I am not able to open images with the Simple Gallery Pro. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Both are true. :wink:

What do you like the most?

All with default settings

First Shot: OpenCamera
Second Shot: Nikita gcam Port
Third Shot: BigKaka gcam Port

@Discostu36 In BigKaka it is possible to use a third party gallery like Simple Gallery (I use it, too)

1 Like

Going for Nikita with what you show, which I already do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

BigKaka is somehow too overcolored?!

3 Likes

White balance seems to be off, a bit too much yellow

5 Likes

I don’t have a FP4. But i stumbled over a post at reddit. The interest part is " multiple camera lens support"

1 Like