FP4 - gcam-port

If it is true? I don’t know.
But the quality with opencamera on FPOS was much better then on /e/OS. My experience…

I gather you are using GraphoneOS. How is it on there?
Can you access the wide angle lense?

I am using iodè OS with GrapheneOS camera.
I cannot access the wide angle lens. As in every Custom ROM.
This wide angel lens is (at the moment) only accessable in original FP OS.

GrapheneOS Camera is open to download:

Hello

Sorry but with /e/ you also have wide angle mode (main camera ID2). :wink:
In horrible quality like the stockcam unfortunately has but it works.
Everything is still a bit new, time heals all wounds . . . hopefully :thinking:

1 Like

Also for me, in eOS, wide angle camera runs, but only with 12MP, not 48MP

Hello

Is already known since the FP3+, different phone but same problem or explanation
Sometimes the search also helps with “similar” phones :wink:

But the FP4 cameras are different, they can generate a 48MP output, not like the FP3+ camera.

1 Like

I think this applies only to the main sensor. Even the stock camera app doesn’t allow you to take a 48MP photo using the wide-lens camera.

Yes 12Mp max output using wide angle

wide

I would read that as 48 MPs at 0.8µm and 12 MPx at 1.6µm (0.8 @ 2x2) and note only the later has the suffix ‘output’

Fairphone, and others, usually leave out the difference between photosites and pixels, hence the MP

2 Likes

As always with Fairphone camera specs, that can be read in many different ways :wink:.

3 Likes

Is there any update on this?

I read on xda that the Iode magisk Module is not able to use the wide-mode and no gcam mod was able to do thst aswell.

No, not yet

1 Like

your config is not available anymore. Could you upload it there maybe?Config Files for Wichaya's 8.x

Sorry, I don’t have it anymore…

And where you’re pointing to in your link, you cannot upload configs directly. You have to request it.
It must then be accepted. I did that initially but never saw it and didn’t get any feddback.

I just noticed that Wichaya 1.5 puts wrong EXIF info into the DNG file when shooting in RAW mode: Google Pixel 5 is saved as camera model instead of Fairphone 4. Does this also happen with Nikita port?

Somebody already seen this?

4 Likes

I tried it myself, Nikita does save the correct EXIF information. But with Nikita I am not able to open images with the Simple Gallery Pro. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Both are true. :wink:

What do you like the most?

All with default settings

First Shot: OpenCamera
Second Shot: Nikita gcam Port
Third Shot: BigKaka gcam Port

@Discostu36 In BigKaka it is possible to use a third party gallery like Simple Gallery (I use it, too)

1 Like

Going for Nikita with what you show, which I already do. :slight_smile:

1 Like