FP4 - gcam-port

Yes, the Google Gallery App is deactivated. The stock app crashes, GCam doesn’t crash and works fine with Simple Gallery (but crashes when tapping “playground”).

if you have Google Photos disabled, go to GCam settings (swipe down, then tap on the cogwheel icon), then scroll down to Advanced and enable the “Use a third party gallery” toggle. Simple Gallery works fine that way for me. I don’t see any way to fix the crash in the stock app for now, though.

9 Likes

@AlphaElwedritsch

First you reported that you are using the Snapcam version. Now you say that you tried the version without name suffix (GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.5.apk). So your experience now is that the version without name suffix works better than the Snapcam version (GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.5_Snapcam.apk), right?

they’re two identical versions, the only difference is in the package name.

2 Likes

As @noodlejetski already answered, it’s just the file name and how the app is then unpacked in the file system.
The versions themselves are the same size except for the bit.

I did not let this rest and I have researched in this regard. And it is really so that it is only about various file names.

So it is up to each himself which version he pulls and which flavour he prefers.

2 Likes

If somebody is interestet in my Wichaya’s XML config file:
https://210926akymg3wxx64a6.nextcloud.hosting.zone/s/GkmYJsCr8QnM9FT

Can be imported under: Settings / Advanced / XML Config

8 Likes

what does your config change?

5 Likes

Changed some settings in the normal settings dialog

Changed some settings in the normal settings dialog and Developer Settings

• third party gallery is displaying actual taken photo and not the last before…
  • no social media in menue
  • etc…
    Managed Nextcloud
1 Like

Importing the config doesn’t seem to work for me. I get this message but no settings are changed

OK
Try to create a folder in filesystem:
GCam/Configs8
and put the xml files in there.
The folder GCam should still exist
It’s on the same level like Documents, DCIM, Downloads, Music, etc…

Then try again to import via the dialog
or better:
In camera app touble-tap in the black field around the shutter button. Then you could also load xml files. But not save, only load

Thanks, that worked

This didn’t, though. If I don’t wait for about a second before opening gallery I still don’t get the most recent photo .

Have you used the XML with Dev options?

Yes, what specifc setting is it? Then I could play with it myself.

Hello. I have a problem with basically any gcam mod when I want to access the front camera in the video mode. Wichaya’s mod doesn’t seem to be able to access the front camera at all. It just gets stuck or crashes. (I’ve tried both v1.4 and v1.5.) Nikita’s mod sometimes works, but it randomly crashes. It feels to me like the camera2 implementation is a bit wonky when it comes to the front camera. I cannot access it in any other app like IP Webcam. Does anybody experience the same behavior?

Edit: Clarified this is about the video mode.

I can switch to the front cam using Wichaya’s mod just fine by tapping the button in the bottom left corner.

1 Like

Even in the video mode? Sorry, I should have been more specific. The camera (photo) mode works fine.

1 Like

just tried recording a short video with the selfie cam and it worked fine.

1 Like

For me it only works with 1.4x zoom. 1x zoom stays black or freezes.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re right, 1.4x zoom works. Pretty damn weird. I’ve contacted support, I have problems with the front cam using the Camera2 API in other apps too. For example IP Webcam (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pas.webcam) cannot access it at all. But when using the old camera API, it works just fine.

2 Likes

that’s weird, I’m not having any issues with 1x.