FP4 - gcam-port

What do you like the most?

All with default settings

First Shot: OpenCamera
Second Shot: Nikita gcam Port
Third Shot: BigKaka gcam Port

@Discostu36 In BigKaka it is possible to use a third party gallery like Simple Gallery (I use it, too)

1 Like

Going for Nikita with what you show, which I already do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

BigKaka is somehow too overcolored?!

3 Likes

White balance seems to be off, a bit too much yellow

5 Likes

I don’t have a FP4. But i stumbled over a post at reddit. The interest part is " multiple camera lens support"

1 Like

Well, it still won’t have access to the wide angle camera, if that’s what you mean. It needs to be enabled in the API first. See Camera & Camera2 API - missing features & bugs

2 Likes

Would be interesting to also include shots of the native FP camera. Since FP does seem to improve the quality, then people can see how it compares. Because Gcam is nice, but it’s closed source and not made for the Fairphone. If we want a long-term solution for everyone, we shouldn’t forget about the native camera :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ive tried a few of them on my Xiaomi mi 10 5g and was most pleased with BigKaka because the colors were just as in rl, also considering other ones the size lf the oic was always half the size.
Still its a Xiaomi but as soon as I get the FP4 I’ll try again :slight_smile:

I see there’s now popular Nikita Gcam port, just installed it and noticed it has additional settings, including “lib patcher”.
Do most of you use the app “out of the box” or do you have configs to share ?

Out of the box

2 Likes

I tried to set up some things until I had to reinstall it :grin: The set up of the pixel version made no difference for me

1 Like

Hello! I registered just to post here.

Has anyone tried BSG’s Gcam port? It was last updated 09.02.2022 so it’s about 2 months newer than Nikita’s and Wichaya’s.

Considering installing all 3 and going for a photo shoot to compare them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried all and all of them have there advantages an disadvantages.
I suggest you try all of them and take the one you feel best with

And it’s not only the upload date, it’s also the gcam version. 7.x, 8.2, 8.3 8.4, … On which the port based on and if the newest is a stable or beta, too :wink:
Seen at the colors and bold letters…

As far as I’m concerned I just experienced a worrying behaviour with Nikita port.

I don’t know what combination of operations lead to it but eventually phone started to get very very hot, during a photo shoot session and temperature kept rising even after killing the app and letting it rest idle.

Had to choice but to shutdown the phone to stop my phone from melting :sweat_smile:

I did mess up with some settings to check a bit what they were for. Though messing with Whichaya’s port settings never got me in such trouble. I’m going to try BSG and if it’s not conclusive, I’ll stick with wichaya which was very stable so far.

Edit: BSG port doesn’t have HDR mode, that’s a no go as far as I’m concerned

1 Like

Uups, i did it again… :innocent:

1 Like

I’m using the BSG port and it definitely has HDR. You just have to enable it in settings → advanced → HDR+ control :slight_smile:

Good to know for HDR, maybe I’ll give it another shot later.

I played a bit with latest Arnova8G2.

Since I’m back to FPOS I finally can confront the shots with stock camera again. IMO Gcam is still superior despite stock camera quality being improved compared to 2 month ago.

Here are a few shots, first one is Arnova8G2 Gcam, second is stock camera. All shots are 16/9.

Gcam

Stock

Gcam

Stock

Gcam

Stock

8 Likes

gcam is a quantum better

2 Likes

It would seem that during low light situations, Gcam is a lot better. During high light situations, you can’t tell the difference:

BSG Gcam-port

Stock

GrapheneOS camera

BSG

Stock

GrapheneOS

6 Likes

I made the same experience