FP4 battery life questions

And how long does the battery last in the end? Does it go over a day when being used or just under?

I got my new FP4 saturday morning. Charged it to 92%. Then I installed loads of apps, installed a software update, tested the camera quite a bit and generally played with it, like you do when you have a new phone. Now it’s monday afternoon and I still have 36% charge left in the battery.

Thanks Ninni, thats great battery life! I’ve wanted to see one in real life and ask a few questions about the battery at the shop, but here in Sweden its not held in stores at all :frowning:

Just a side question, was the brightness of the screen set to some normal levels?

It was set to circa 75% brightness and automatic adjustment depending on surrounding light level. That’s a good but not excessive brightness, according to me.
By the way, I’m in Sweden too.

It will only get better. Adaptive battery optimization still needs to kick in. Usually this takes a few days. Android needs to learn how you use your phone and can then prioritize some apps, while some pausing some in the background more.

I hope so. But it’s actually quite good already.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Screen protector options (Displayschutz)

Nice, didnt know that it works that way

Dear friends.
I don’t know if this is the right thread, but does any of you know if it is possible to moderate the settings for battery settings. My old Lenovo p2 phone had an extreme power saving setting. With that on I could only make and receive calls and SMS, nothing else. But I had battery life for more than a week. Is there something like that in the for os?
Or is it possible to make powersaving settings?

settings/battery/battery saving/extreme power saver

Thanks.
I am looking for a way to edit og moderate the settings more than just switch it on or off.
Any ideas?

no

I fall you want to do is make calls and save battery

• Dim the screen#
  • Use black and white ‘Bedtime mode’
  • Uninstall/disable lots of apps

or are you just looking for a quiock switch between saving and full on usage.

Exactly. A way to quickly switch from extreme powersaving mode to normal mode would be great.

You’ll have to wait for Android 12 :slight_smile:

This is an Android 12 feature, right? I have this on my Pixel 3 since Android 12, not on Android 11 (like on my FP4). But I suppose you don’t use the vanilla FP ROM? :slight_smile: If not then please share that information, then people know what to expect. Android 11 doesn’t have an extreme power saver by default.

I don’t think this is a general Android 12 feature, it’s at least not in Calyx A12 :thinking:

1 Like

I hope it’s not Pixel exclusive :frowning:

Iode 2.4, A11-> available
Iode 3.0, A12L-> not available

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.