FP3 Wi-fi hotspot with MacOS

Hello

I’ve been trawling through the forums looking for a solution to this.

My Fairphone 3 can connect (via USB tethering and Wi-fi hotspot) and be recognised by my MacBook Air but not actually access the internet…

My phone has full 4G signal, using it now to post. Since I got this phone (Oct 2019) I have never been able to successfully hotspot.

If anyone can offer me a solution I would be so grateful!

1 Like

Welcome to the Fairphone community.

Can any other device use your Fairphone as a hotspot succesfully?

Hi Incanus, as with the laptop, it can successfully connect but not access the internet. Tried on phones and windows laptops.

Sorry, but I don’t understand :confused:.

That was the problem, you described already.

What did you try? My question was, whether your Fairphone hotspot works with other devices.

1 Like

Sorry for being unclear. No, the hotspot has not been used successfully with other devices. They experience the same issue as I have with my laptop - they connect fine but cannot access the internet.

Try readding the APN settings (Settings→Network and Internet→Mobile data→(Advanced)→APNs). You should find the right ones on your operator’s website.

I have never been able to make tethering work with my FP3 and MacBook Air either.

Used to work fine with the FP1.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.