I’m experiencing issues with my FP3’s touchscreen: at the end of the touch input, i.e. when releasing the finger from the screen, the phone seems to read an additional touch-input / movement, which results in additional scrolling / imprecise positioning:
- often: minor additional scrolling, imprecise selection (e.g. when cropping images)
- sometimes: stronger scrolling (see video)
- very seldom: the entire page scrolls wildly in one direction (as if I had it scroll as fast as possible from top to bottom or other way 'round)
This also makes scrolling through web-pages quite unpredictable, because even with always the same kind of touch inputs to push the page up / down, the scrolling is slower or faster intermittently.
Does anybody else experience problems with FP3s touchscreen functionality?
- the first scrolling is intended, followed by a second unintended minor scrolling when releasing the finger from the screen.
- the third scrolling is intended, followed by a stronger unintended scrolling when releasing the finger from the screen.
(The charger is not plugged in when this occurs. I will raise a ticket with Fairphone’s support team and report back with any updates from Fairphone.)