FP3 reboots during phone calls

Yes, but if you were having a phone call, it would go from dark to active (the opposite direction).

It takes a very long push for me (10 seconds). But the indirect way I described is the much more likely way. However, I just tried it again and it seems that it takes a short push and an additional multi-second push to get the choices, so that makes the unintended “cheek-choosing” more unlikely in general.

1 Like

Well, I usually use my headset, so the phone rests on a table or so, and still there’s a reboot. Without any movement. So it sounds like a software bug to me.

8 Likes

FYI: I have seen reboots by other smartphones with Android when the battery is defect, for example: it is very old or it seems inflated or it has not the normal size or form.

1 Like

I would like to add that this might be as well be a general Android issue. Especially since Fairphone 3 is running a stock version of Android 9, I would also verify the suggestions given by Google on their support page on random reboots.

3 Likes

I have the same problem. You should be able to make calls withouth being afraid of a random crash during the call. Very annoying!

And you always get the same story. Maybe its your simcard? No, not possible. Maybe its your SD-card. There is no SD-Card in use. Maybe its your finger out of control. No, I use headphones.
But, maybe these products do have quality issues?

3 Likes

Hi folks,
I had three reboots during phone calls right after each other (then decided to call with a different phone, was just too annoying). A more close inspection showed: The headphone plug was not perfectly down the jack. I had a few other calls later, with a properly inserted headphone, and those calls, despite being half an hour or longer, went through with no problems.
Quick question to those having the problem: Do you use cable connected headphones?
Happy Easter and take care!
Hauke

4 Likes

Hello!
I got my Fairphone 3 in December and I had no problems. But lately it started to restart itself during phone calls. The screen freezes and a few seconds later the screen says Fairphone and then it loads. The first time it did this was two months ago, but this was just one time and it did not happen again after that until today. I was in a call for one hour and it restarted itself three times. Why does it do that? It doesn’t restart itself when I am not in a call. I have the latest security patch.

2 Likes

I did not use headphones, I had my phone in speaker mode and it was next to me, so I did not touch it when I had the reboots today. But I had also reboots when I had it directly on my ear. And I hold my phone with the right hand when I have a call with it.

2 Likes

Same here, I had two reboots during the last week. (calls with > 30 minutes). I have no headphones and no SD.

1 Like

I had no problems with my FP3 since November 2019. But today I had two reboots after excatly 20 Minutes while taking a telephone call (over JBL bluetooth speaker). In the last two months I often had telephone calls (more than 20 Minutes) and the phone never reboots. Propably something with the last update (A 120) ? I have no solution.

2 Likes

I have had random reboots with my FP3, but only when using the camera - frustrating when trying to take photos or participate in a meeting. This has been happening ever since I got the phone in December 2019 - I would really like it to work.

2 Likes

Try the app OpenCamera from F-Droid. Perhaps that helps.

Hi there!

Nearyl everytime I’m on a call my FP 3 shuts down and restarts. In the middle of the call.
Does anyone have an idea why? And what I can do about it?

Thanks a lot!
Meike

1 Like

Hi Meike, I moved your post here as it is apparently about the very same issue(s) discussed in this topic. Let’s hope this gets solved soon.

1 Like

Thanks - I realised that! At lesast I’m in good and massive company. Though nothing in that thread is really helpful.
I hope Faiphone will notice this and work on a solution …

Have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Probably the problem is in some application. The first thing I would do is run the phone in safe mode to exclude third-party programs.

2 Likes

Hi,
since a couple of days my fp3 restarts during active phone calls, which is very annoying, because my calls get interrupted frequently.
Does anybody know about this issue?
Thanks for your answers.

3 Likes

I moved your post here to avoid duplicate topics, please have a look around.

1 Like

Same problem here, random reebots during calls.

2 Likes

That’s really so annoying! We urgently need a Bug-List and FP has to monitor such flaws.

2 Likes