FP3 Lineage update to 17.1: phone stuck in start screen

Ok, I’m with @Ingo then …

And from this known good state you could try again.

@AnotherElk does that affect my data on the phone, to install a different OS? Like app data, pictures etc.? As from what I read last night, the user data is on a separate partition…

The guide says
Before you start with any procedure, make a backup of your personal data. If you do not, you might lose your personal files like photos, music, contacts, etc.”.

The user data might be on a separate partition, but a different OS might not like the state of the partition and demand a factory reset.
A downgrade of the major Android version of the same OS might lead to that, too (from Android 10 back to Android 9, for instance).

Unlocking as well as locking the bootloader would force a factory reset, too, for security reasons.

The Linux flashing binary of Fairphone OS contains fastboot commands in clear text and those don’t seem to wipe user data, but I’m no expert … better safe than sorry.

If you want to use TWRP for backing up, mind that TWRP doesn’t backup the Internal Storage, and perhaps copy that via USB to a computer (TWRP supports MTP, so this can be done with TWRP running).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.