FP3: Disable Blinking Low Battery Light?

Hi Guys,

As the title says, is it possible to disable the blinking red light that you get when the battery is low? I couldn’t see anything in the settings that looked relevant.

Thanks

Seb

As far as I know you can’t completely disable the LED for the low battery warning. But you can change the percentage at which point the warning should appear. Not sure if it can be set to 0% (which would effectively mean it is disabled), just try it out.

3 Likes

Sorry if this is a dumb question but where do I change that? Can’t seem to find it anywhere in the Settings.

Thanks

Seb

It’s the topmost entry in Settings > Battery. Percentage when automatic battery saver gets activated.

Ahh okay, I didn’t realise that was directly related to the LED since I pretty much always leave battery saver on! It looks like the lowest possible value I can set for that is 5% so I’ll give it a try with that and see what happens.

Thanks for your help! :grinning:

Seb

I don’t have a blinking light as I usually have the Battery Saver off

I’m not sure about this but
Settings > Battery >Battery Saver > Set a schedule > No schedule

This removes even the 5%

But it is the battery saver that is being controlled not the LED so I’m not sure a) if it does effect the LED and b) of course there will be no battery saving when the battery gets low ??? and ideally it is better to keep the battery half full for longevity ~ allegedly.

However the question now is ~ Does it make any sense to have a notification that the battery is as low as 5% when ideally it makes sense to keep it at a minimum of 40% when possible?

Let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

So after testing I have found that setting the battery saver schedule does also determine when the red LED starts blinking. However, disabling the schedule completely seems to make the red LED start blinking at roughly 15 percent battery, rather than getting rid of it.

That article you posted is interesting because it had never occurred to me that it might actually be worse for longevity to let the battery go low.

I don’t know if it makes a diff but I have battery saver off and No schedule set and I don’t have any light unless charging. ??

Hmm I let it run down to low battery with those exact settings and I still get the red LED
:man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.