FP3 changing preferred SIM for SMS and outgoing calls all the time

I’m using my FP3 with two SIM cards, one for private use (slot 1) and one for work (slot 2).

In Settings/Network & Internet/SIM Cards, I’ve set the private one as preferred for outgoing phone calls and SMS messages.

However, the phone keeps switching them to my work SIM in slot 2, without notifying me. As a result, I am far too often phoning or texting people from the wrong number.

Has anyone else experienced this, and do anyone know how to fix it?

Best
Carsten

Just an idea.

As the phone can only use one slot for data, are you sure you don’t have the data set to work (slot 2) so it keeps picking up data and switching ??

Yes, in fact I’m afraid data is always set to my private SIM because that company has a bit better
connectivity. So, alas, it’s not that.

1 Like

Hi Carsten!
I have the same issue for a few months now (but I don’t remember when it started).
Have you found a solution? It’s too bad we can’t deactivate calls with 1 sim without deactivating it totally.

Thanks!

In case you do not use a SIM PIN for both SIM, try to activate for both

2 Likes

Thank you, I will try that! I did not have a code for 1 of the 2 SIM.
I’ll let you know if it works in a few weeks!

That worked for me!
Since I entered a PIN for the second SIM too, there is no automatic change in preferences after reboots anymore.
Thank you very much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, it worked perfectly well for me too!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.