FP3 Android 10 udpate not showing up

Back in September, I had the push notification about the Android 10 udpate, I did initiate the process but the interrupted it (it didn’t download it fully).

Since then update has disappeared from the udpater. It’s November 8 and my system says it has the latest udpate:

Is there something wrong? Do I have not other choice but to proceed with a manual update?

Maybe try switching the phone off, starting it without the SIM, then switch it off again, insert the SIM and boot it. Does your phone prompt you to install it now?
Otherwise, you may want to try another SIM card.
On which provider are you?

Thanks Alex.

I’m on dual SIM: Scarlet (BE) as primary and Free (FR) as secondary sim. Will report back after I try your proposal. Btw, why would the simcard provider have an impact? Does it mean I should connect over 4G (not wifi) to get the update?

They might’ve stopped the deployment of the update because of a few but very annoying cases of major bugs having appeared for some people having Android 10 on their FP3(+)…

Maybe try switching the phone off, starting it without the SIM, then switch it off again, insert the SIM and boot it. Does your phone prompt you to install it now?

No luck so far :frowning:

No, you should connect over wifi.
There were just a lot of reports in the past on the forum that the provider of the used SIM made a difference.
Probably the provider information is sent upon the update request and for some reasons (e.g. provider certification checks) the update offered depends sometimes from that provider.

So in your case this does not seem to be the cause of the problem.

3 Likes

For excample, there were numerous updates in the past that were not delivered to Vodafone customers. So if you can borrow a SIM from a friend who uses a different provider that would clearly be worth a try, at least to make sure that your SIM / provider is not the culprit here.

Should everything elses fail, then you could try a manual update as described in

Manually install Fairphone OS on FP3/FP3+ – Support

Fingers crossed, though, that this will not be necessary.

Best wishes,
Thomas

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Does it make a difference to switch my two SIMs? Or to just use one of the two instead of both?

1 Like

I cannot tell because I use only one. But if you haven’t tried that yet, it would be the first thing to do, I suppose.

Good luck!
Thomas

1 Like

I have the same issue, but I have never had a notification that the android 10 update was available. (FP3 on Proximus network, Flanders).
Any suggestions on what can be wrong?

Hello everyone. The problem was resolved yesterday. I did nothing particular except spent 1h30 in flight mode, but it could be a coincidence. When i deactivated the flight mode, the update notification appeared.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.