FP2 with Android 10 - any news?

Early December I got a newsletter from Fairphone about “7 years of software support -
Our 6-year-old Fairphone 2 is being upgraded to Android 10” etc.

Are there any news? They said it should be available in early 2022. It would be handy as some apps are not running as they shlould with A9. Now we still have OS 21.12.0-rel.1 (A9).

Beta testers are testing a release candidate currently.

If you want to get an idea what’s currently being done … Development · Boards · Products / Android 10 on the FP2 · GitLab

6 Likes

Thanks! Good to know that it goes forward, I have no hurry, but A10 will be welcome. And if there is a need for a beta tester more, give me a hint, I have two FP2 I can use for this.

Here’s how you can join:

4 Likes

Thanks, Urs, will do so immediately :wink:

P.S. the email address beta@fairphone.com is no more running, I sent it to support@fairphone.com - perhaps I am too late :wink:

Perhaps the one in the first post in the linked topic is now correct (fp2.beta@fairphone.com)

4 Likes

Any news on how the beta program is going?

The text in today’s announcement of this event seems to suggest – as I read it – it will happen on or before the event’s date:

3 Likes

I meanwhile have four old FP2 running with A10: The OS is running fine without any problems. If I have a problem, then it is due to the hardware, some of these FP2 are really old and used and/or experience a heavy battery drain.

I later on will try again the Open OS without Gougle.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.